Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help With Divers patch

Article about: Hello all I recently picked up a box of goodies quite a mixed bag of goods there are some older reproduction items mixed but most is original.This piece I have no clue as I have never seen o

Default Help With Divers patch

Hello all I recently picked up a box of goodies quite a mixed bag of goods there are some older reproduction items mixed but most is original.This piece I have no clue as I have never seen one before I have heard there are several variations but would appreciate any help as far as if this is a recognized pattern or a fantasy piece The backing is a fabric and not paper as is usually seen on most patches.Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Divers patch   Help With Divers patch  

Help With Divers patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With Divers patch
    P
    Many

The difference between the black Kriegsmarine patches and the black DDR Volksmarine patches are hard to tell apart. I would hazard a guess that its a DDR one due to the backing.

I cannot tell. Fred Green should chime in here - he has great knowledge about specialty patches. NH

Hello,

I really can't add anything to this conversation, I collect heer insignia. Sorry.

Fred

Good day,

It looks like a good example of a Kriegsmarine ships divers patch. I have the same example in my collection. The DDR patches are smaller and round as opposed to being oval in shape, and its is quite common to find cloth backings on KM trade patches. I am by no means an expert but have spent a considerable amount of time over the last 3 years collecting and studying KM trade patches.Help With Divers patch

Very nice collection!!!, Beautiful assortment! would the white patches be worn on the summer uniform?

Regards,Geoff

Thanks Geoff. For the summer uniform correct.

Smokepig (Sorry, don't know your name), Thanks for posting the photo of the KM specialty patches. I have a number of them but do not have a complete list of the types. I have organized my Heer specialty patches in a binder with graphics taking the place of missing pieces. Do you have something like this for your KM patches? Neil

Help With Divers patch

Hi Neil, I keep my collection in riker mounts which are waiting to be displayed on the wall when I figure out how I want to do it. I also keep notes and my own little hand drawn charts next to the computer so that I can easily confirm what I'm missing when searching for new badges. This is my collection atm, with a few still in the mail on the way. I really like your system though with the place holders. Brandon H.

Help With Divers patchHelp With Divers patch

Neil I think that's a Great Idea! Thanks for sharing! Brandon,That is quite an assortment! Definitely much more appealing than a Beenie Baby collection!! Regards,Geoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast