Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with german army insignia part 05

Article about: I recently came into possession a number of Nazi militaria and other items. Among those items was this patch. Could you tell me what this patch was for? Who would have worn it? Why? Is it au

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Correction, the backing was not typically cut away but rather folded or trimmed, to allow the sewing of these to the uniform, or cap, (whichever).
    Ralph.
    Thank you for the correction! Cloth insignia has never really been my forte.

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with german army insignia part 05
    P
    Many

Apologies to Hanotsri for my unwelcoming attitude, but when I saw all those posts requesting help, I just thought: 'Here we go again'. There are more and more people appearing on this forum who seem unwilling to do any of their own research, and instead expect others to do it for them. I now realise that you are probably not one of them, and for that I do apologise.

Cheers,
    Steve

Hello,
    These insignia are Heer for Panzertruppen and meant for the Feldmütze, they're not breast eagles.
    I fixed the title and wrote something more accurate i hope
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ah my mistake, it is a cap eagle rather than a breast eagle. The zoomed in photos got me

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Ah my mistake, it is a cap eagle rather than a breast eagle. The zoomed in photos got me
    Hello,
    here's one small giveaway to help you out in the future with such an insignia...
    When you look at the horizontal feathers shown by the red arrow, if there are 4 feathers it's for the cap, if there are five, it's a breast eagle
    Thanks

Help with german army insignia part 05

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,

As JPhilip said, It is a panzer cap eagle. It is for an enlisted man and post 1940 manufacture.

Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2