Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help with identification of german uniform jacket

Article about: Dear experts, I inherited this exciting German uniform jacket from my uncle who was a collector for many decades and passed away some years ago. I would be very grateful if someone could ide

Default help with identification of german uniform jacket

Dear experts,

I inherited this exciting German uniform jacket from my uncle who was a collector for many decades and passed away some years ago. I would be very grateful if someone could identify it and tell me something about it and what person it might have belonged to?!

I searched all the pockets and could not find any manufacturer information. But in its breast pocket I instead found this yellow ticket with the text "5 g butter" on it! Could this mean the wearer became a prisoner of war and got English or American food ration stamps?

Best regards,

George,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with identification of german uniform jacket   help with identification of german uniform jacket  

help with identification of german uniform jacket   help with identification of german uniform jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with identification of german uniform jacket
    P
    Many

It's a tailor-made Feldbluse [field blouse] for an Oberleutnant [1st Lieutenant]. The red branch color is for Artillerie [artillery].

The medal ribbon is for the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class]. On the left breast pocket are thread loops for other awards.

Butter is the same in German and English. I see no POW connection.

On my PC, the branch color appears pink for Panzer. The Iron Cross ribbon originally had one of its ends tucked into the second button hole, and fixed there with a couple of stitches, which has now come loose, hanging down. The shoulder board underlay seems to have suffered moth damage, so better check under the sun whether there is powdery moth larva droppings suggesting ongoing infestation, as there is cheaper food you can offer to moths instead.

Otherwise it is a very nice field uniform, with loops on the left pocket begging for an Iron Cross 1st class and some other badges.

The rations ticket seems to be of German origin, judging by the typeface used.

TWS
    ?

Quote by nick komiya View Post

The rations ticket seems to be of German origin, judging by the typeface used.
    +1. That's what I was going to say due to the font as well.

I also think the Waffenfarbe stands a good chance of being pink for Panzer too.

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    +1. That's what I was going to say due to the font as well.

I also think the Waffenfarbe stands a good chance of being pink for Panzer too.
    same thought on the font as Nick stated

Waffenfarb on my Tablet appears to be Red (Artillery). If so, an Iron Cross 1st class, Army Flak badge and a wound badge would be a likely combo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    same thought on the font as Nick stated

Waffenfarb on my Tablet appears to be Red (Artillery). If so, an Iron Cross 1st class, Army Flak badge and a wound badge would be a likely combo
    Or, an EK I, GAB, and a wound badge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The Waffenfarbe is borderline on my tablet!
    Red on the epaulette close-up, but a definite hint of pink on the long shot. Perhaps faded red?
    Either way, a bloomin’ gorgeous tunic which would respond very nicely to one the award combinations suggested by the chaps (just can’t make up my mind which)!

Your uncle had excellent taste, George.

All the best,
    Bob

Edit: on further examination, I’m favouring the pink... it just doesn’t have that bold, striking tone of the artillery waffenfarbe.

MAP
    ?

On my PC now. Definitely looks Panzer Pink. Nice!!!!!!! So and EK, PAB and Wound badge would be the best combo IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

It's hard to tell Artillery Red from Panzer Pink in photos, even in natural light.
    Panzer would be more collectable and desirable.
    Welcome to the forum.

?

Pink or red, there are a lot of green eyes looking at it!

All the best,
    Bob