Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HELP! Opinion/Information Luftwaffe Breast Eagle - Silver bullion

Article about: Hello! Opinion and any additional feedback or information would be very much appreciated! Silver Bullion, measures exactly 3 1/2" wide, 1 1/2" tall. Please let me know if any addit

Tristan
    ?

Default Re: HELP! Opinion/Information Luftwaffe Breast Eagle - Silver bullion

UPDATE**** No part of this Eagle Glows under UV (ie the white threads under backing), thank you all for your expertise and input (including Jerry!!), and there is an "unterlagen". under the bullion.

2. # ADS

Tristan
    ?

And by the way Steven, sorry not to answer you question regarding "seller photo" This is my photo i took, I can certainly take more if needed

seems to a really nice original.. Congratzz

Tristan
    ?

Thanks! I don't come across item's that I "win" on, mostly collect because I love history and collecting, but this item I was really excited about...one of those "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" .... nice to know it doesn't glow though. I should have invested in a UV light a long time ago.

Just remember uv only works on cotton!
    Also if a early cotton item is washed in modern color enhancing/Whitening detergent, It will react to UV.. However synthetic materials are non reactive..
    It is a helpfull test.. But only so....

Quote by Tristan View Post
    UPDATE**** No part of this Eagle Glows under UV (ie the white threads under backing), thank you all for your expertise and input (including Jerry!!), and there is an "unterlagen". under the bullion.
    Good to hear it does not glow, though as Steve said, UV is not the final answer as if items have been washed with modern detergent they will glow, I never use UV, it is the other features that make them right or wrong IMHO. Keep studying as many originals as you can, in the hand, in old threads and any where else you can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Tristan
    ?

Thank you again Steve and Jerry, I will continue studying and learning more about originals, and how they are made. I really appreciate tools like this forum I will certainly keep in mind the modern detergent fact for future reference and also carry the small blacklight with me while "hunting" from now on. It is a helpful tool, but not a say all end all tool as Jerry mentioned. Certainly helpful though!

?

Default Re: HELP! Luftwaffe Breast Eagle - Silver bullion

Looks like a good eagle to me.

J-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2