Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help required identifying and valuing a small collection

Article about: Very good advice. The lithuanian Shield is the only one I have but I do have multiples of several other volunteer shields; and Helmet Decals. I think it is only right to sell them in singles

?

Default Re: Help required identifying and valuing a small collection

Very good advice.

The lithuanian Shield is the only one I have but I do have multiples of several other volunteer shields; and Helmet Decals.

I think it is only right to sell them in singles. That way I hope collectors rather than dealers are more likely to get them.

I am struggling to find much price data on them to be honest. I have only found one price for the original helmet decals which is $185. But nothing to back that price up.

No luck on the Lithuanian, Italian or Croatian Volunteer Shields. I can see the valuation stage is going to be a long one.

Thanks again for identifying the badge.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help required identifying and valuing a small collection
    P
    Many

?

Get the values on them and list them individually for sale on Ebay with a reserve .
    SteveR

Hi aemt, do you sell these? If so can you pm me a price for the Afrika cuff title and the Krim shield? Thanks...

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    If You are sure it is pre 1945 - great find! I just wanted to mention that there are very often similar Lithuanian fakes for sell on ebay.de. So be careful! if You plan to sell Your collection I suggest to sell them per 1 item, not the whole lot together.
    I agree on that. Also there is a market place in the forum where you could sell everything. It would be better to go to other collectors than dealers. Besides you can get better prices too. Dealers try to gain profit, so they buy cheap and sell expensive. Sometimes for too much more.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    If You are sure it is pre 1945 - great find! I just wanted to mention that there are very often similar Lithuanian fakes for sell on ebay.de. So be careful! if You plan to sell Your collection I suggest to sell them per 1 item, not the whole lot together.
    Many thanks for the reply. I am 100% certain on the originality of these items as they were collected by my father 65 years ago.

Selling one by one could be a bit of a problem given that there are over 200 individual items. Selling through the forum would take forever and I cannot see myself being able to sell all of the items given how few items actually go through the for sale section. It is also very difficult to establish a true value for the items.

I would rather sell direct to collectors but might by circumstances be forced to use a dealer with the consequence of true collectors having to pay as premium.

?

Hallo all. Just a short update on my small collection.

I have finally started selling off some of the items - albeit at the moment through The Collectors Guild; and I am pleased at how many items have already been sold. All items have been confirmed as original and in excellent, mainly unissued condition which I knew but never-the less was pleased to have confirmed.

I have received surprises from the very begining regarding the values that some of these items can achieve and wish the old man was still around to benefit from his colection.

I have finally got values sorted for the Lithuanian, Italian and Croatian SS Volunteer Sleeve Shields; as well as the helmet decals all of which I have a number of; and which seem to be pleasingly rare.

To some extent I regret that I am having to sell through a dealer; but with several hundred individual items it does not seem practical to sell in any other way. Although for all those that have expressed an interest in individual items i am quite prepared to sell one off items if you are interested.

I am greatly indebted to forum members for all the help given in sorting out my collection. Now that I know so much about what I have it is with some regret that I see each new sold sign under one of my items.

I am still have no luck in getting a value for the unissued Fallschirmjager smock eagle; it is very hard to find anything on the internet about it but i will keep looking

?

Where are the items listed for sale?would love to have a look
    Last edited by Aaron; 06-16-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Hadnt seen last post

I thought I had alot of items to post, nice collection

TK

?

A very nice group of items. If there is still much available for sale I would love to browse through it. If the Lithuanian Volunteer Shield is still available I would be highly interested.

Thank You,
    Damian

?

So far I have put about 15% of the collection on The Collectors Guild for sale. It seemed the only practical way to sell the collection.

Most of the items are pictured in 4 separate threads on this forum.

I do have duplicates of a number of items; collar tabs, the SS Volunteer Shields; helmet decals and loads of "gulls".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2