Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with a uniform and rank.

Article about: My father found this photo of a family member while doing genealogy research. I am guessing he is Heer and maybe a staff officer of some sort? Can anyone confirm or deny my guess? Thanks for

Default Help with a uniform and rank.

My father found this photo of a family member while doing genealogy research. I am guessing he is Heer and maybe a staff officer of some sort? Can anyone confirm or deny my guess? Thanks for the assistance.

Help with a uniform and rank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with a uniform and rank.
    P
    Many

A close up of the insignia would help. The insignia includes the Heer breast eagle, collar Litzen and the eagle/cockade combination on the visor hat. It looks like there are no pips on the shoulder boards so I will guess Leutnant which is officer rank. The silver cord on the visor and the belt are also officer quality. He has some kind of ribbon bar but it is hard to identify. NH

Sadly this is the best picture I can get. From my grandfather Georg Hausman (Pictured) served with the mountain troops in WW1 and this picture appears to be dated 1938 in the lower right. Your information will definitely help and I will pass it on to my father. Thank you.

OK, a start. See if you can locate any correspondence that might include a Feldpost number on the envelope. You could also try getting information from the Bundesarchiv. NH