Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review

Article about: Hi, grateful for any comments on this one. My observations so far are that the Spiess piston rings show less wear than the other insignia. I suppose that could indicate that it was the weare

?

Default Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review

Hi, grateful for any comments on this one.

My observations so far are that the Spiess piston rings show less wear than the other insignia. I suppose that could indicate that it was the wearer's last appointment ("Der Spiess" being an appointment not a rank), i.e added to an already worn tunic when the appointment was made. The Flak '9 months service' qualification badge appears to be a non-standard private purchase example? From memory I think that was not unheard of?
    Also, the piped collar tabs (and 'universal' "HG" white piped boards for all branches, including Flak) would not have been worn after April 1943. Circumstances that might explain this would be a soldier killed/ taken POW in Tunisia in 1943 (i.e the blue-grey uniforms left behind when tropical kit was issued); or an NCO promoted to Officer rank who kept his old fliegerbluse?

I wish I could prove ANY of the above!

As with so much that we collect, there is only speculation....

From the previous owner the only history I have is that it came from a German private collection around 2005.

The stamps have been mostly 'sweated out' but I think I can make out a 90cm chest size, and a faint RB number. The mainly rayon lining (just some cotton around the sleeve entries) might indicate 1942 + production for the blouse itself? The Spiess rings are machine sewn on and go through the blouse sleeve seams. The cuff band and Flak badge are hand-sewn on, fairly typical I think?

When the previous owner acquired it, it had the ribbon bar it currently has on. It also had a Flak badge and black Wound badge on the two sets of loops. I'll add those at some point.

I don't have it in hand yet, but will post more pictures, perhaps on a mannequin with a visor etc when I have the time.

Hope you like it!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review   Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review  

Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review   Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review  

Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review   Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review
    P
    Many

?

Default 2

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review   Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review  

?

Default 3

?

Default 4

?

Default 5

?

Default 6

?

Default 7

Hermann Göring fliegerbluse (Flak Spiess) for review  

I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Me too, all the insignias are perfectly sewn.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

can't fault it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast