Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era

Article about: I found this auction and it's quite interesting to see the materials and tailoring of the tunic. WWII GERMAN TUNIC DESPERATE JOURNEY (1942) REAGAN FLYNN | eBay

?

Default Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era

I found this auction and it's quite interesting to see the materials and tailoring of the tunic.
    WWII GERMAN TUNIC DESPERATE JOURNEY (1942) REAGAN FLYNN | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era   Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era  

Attached Images Attached Images Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era

Yeah, I saw that a few times. It's pretty cool, but not as good as an original. To me anyway.

Interestingly I recall reading that Hollywood actually used original WWII German Uniforms in some of their movies after the war. The fact that a uniform has the Hollywood Costume label does not necessariyl mean that it is not original.

?

The fabric on this one is unlike anything I've seen that was period German made. Makes one wonder why make one from scratch when they must have had ample captured stock to alter.

It was made in 1942-no captured Jerry uniforms in Hollywood then...

?

Did you forget Britain and it's thriving film industry?

I used to own a British prop made m36 tunic, with a British makers label inside, though sadly I have no pics as it was a long time ago. I still have a pair of original KM trousers with a prop company stamp, of which I do have pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hollywood German Uniforms, WWII era  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Did you see this one Jerry?
    Luftwaffe Generals Visor Cap

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Did you see this one Jerry?
    Luftwaffe Generals Visor Cap
    I had a peek the other day and I have just posted on it.

I wish I had kept the British made m36 tunic, as it was kinda cool. I have some DAK caps that were part of a lot for sale and said to be Italian movie props. Good enough to pass at a distance on screen and one is fairly convincing. I used to have dak tunic which I thought was probably from Raiders, but again long gone without pics.

There was a really bad German kepi on ebay last week which was said to be a prop, though I just checked and it is not on the sellers site, so it must have sold. It was a buy it now for £12 or thereabouts, and I almost bought it just for the crack.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

BenVK-if you look at old wartime films especially from the 1st half of the war, the Germans are wearing old Imperial style uniforms with approximate Nazi style alterations, armed with G98 rifles with 'butcher bayos' and m16/17 helmets, the props from making WW1 films-where do you think genuine Nazi stuff would come from when actual war material was in short supply in Britain?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast