Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to decorate this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann's tunic?

Article about: When I picked up this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann tunic (one of two, the other Heer with a signals patch), quite by accident and I thought I was done collecting... I figured I'd sell or trade

Default How to decorate this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann's tunic?

When I picked up this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann tunic (one of two, the other a Heer Gefreiter with a signals patch), quite by accident and I thought I was done collecting... I figured I'd sell or trade this one off to help pay for the other, but of course the beautiful Artillerie tunic tugged at my sleeve to keep it, so flashy with all the red piping.

So, it's got all these pocket loops, I assume one would be for an EK1? Bought one the other day, something happened (sold on two different sites at the same time), didn't get it.

Where I'm confused, and I admittedly know next to squat about insignia and decorations is this. If he's Artillerie, can he have a general assault badge, or a close combat badge? Or maybe the two side by side loops are for a ribbon bar? Or would it be a Flak badge, and is there more than one form of these, besides grade, suitable for this tunic?

I guess beyond an EK and a wound badge, I'm not sure what to put on this guy, but his pocket loops are very empty and calling for something ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to decorate this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann's tunic?   How to decorate this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann's tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to decorate this Heer Artillerie Hauptmann's tunic?
    P
    Many

He could have an ASA or NKS. Stewy

Also he could have a Heer flak. Stewy

The ASA would be the most common.Pioneers, artillery, sturmartillerie all received ASA's. Although towards the end of the war Sturmartillerie were awarded PKA's I believe. Stewy

All grades of NKS were available to artillery. ASA & Heer flak only have one grade, although ASA 25, 50 etc could also be an option. Stewy

ASA being the Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, and NKS Nahkampfspange, correct?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    All grades of NKS were available to artillery. ASA & Heer flak only have one grade, although ASA 25, 50 etc could also be an option. Stewy
    You're getting expensive now buddy....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Flak Artillery and a silver wound badge?

Flak Artillery and an EKI.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by big ned View Post
    You're getting expensive now buddy....
    If it was mine I'd put the tombak gold NKS on it from Ratisbons last auction. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast