Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

Article about: Thank you Tempelhof, I thought I got a decent deal comparing them to the others I have purchased. Although this is the first Luftwaffe Tabs in my collection. I do see what you mean by the ce

Tristan
    ?

Default Re: How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

Thank you Tempelhof, I thought I got a decent deal comparing them to the others I have purchased. Although this is the first Luftwaffe Tabs in my collection. I do see what you mean by the center thread dropping down without the closed loop. That is a good question! I have seen a few other Luftwaffe collar tabs in other branches that have nearly identical threads. Here is an example for a Luftwaffe Lt Medical troop, nearly the same center thread (very worn nonetheless); Luftwaffe Leutnant of Medical Troops Collar Tabs - German Luftwaffe Cloth and Metal Insignia - Jessen's Relics Military Memorabilia

2. # ADS

Tristan
    ?

The picture didn't post from my last comment, here is the example I mentioned (middle thread)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs  

there are tabs i collect and have and have had in hand but luftwaffe lies outside my experience except in a more superficial sense. the material and general quality of workmanship look good to me in the original pair you have shown with respect to what one finds in period tabs in the most general sense, but i simply lack the more in depth experience to know whether what differences i am seeing from what i am accustomed to in luftwaffe tabs specifically is simple variation or a red flag of some sort.

i tend to thing they're OK and this is a variant. but that opinion doesn't have a lot behind it and i'm just hoping to scare up someone with authority on this.

Tristan
    ?

I couldn't agree with you more! It's always best to double guess, you really have to if you are collecting, otherwise money out the window! I feel good about the purchase

No the tabs posted are labeled as TR not BW.
    Morris

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    No the tabs posted are labeled as TR not BW.
    Morris
    I agree,they are TR,but for the rank of Oberst (colonel).
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

What's the difference between BW and TR sets? I have a similar pair that I was told are BW.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are these not Bundeswehr collar tabs?
    No, BL examples are very different, try a search on ebay!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i'm no luftwaffe collar tab expert, but i've seen a few and there is something about the gulls on these i've never seen before.

the center thread in each gull drops straight down and extends quite a bit below the device itself. generally, i've seen that central thread drop down to form a sort of ring which is tight up against the wings. you can see what i'm used to seeing in the example shown from eMedals above.

anyone with more experience want to comment on this? is it a variant in embroidery pattern i've not seen before?

authentic tabs at this rank... 60 for the pair is a VERY good deal and were i into these i'd take them at that price in a new york minute.
    Agree that they look odd,the gulls as you mention, also the U shape formed by the exterior braid on the reverse where they are tied off is something I have seen on copies previously.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i've been looking and looking for one like this and can't come up with one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast