MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

Article about: Thank you Tempelhof, I thought I got a decent deal comparing them to the others I have purchased. Although this is the first Luftwaffe Tabs in my collection. I do see what you mean by the ce

Default Re: How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs

I would be skeptical of the originality now that i have looked at the forum and the books. As said above the gulls are a tad off, but saying that i would not rule them out just quite yet. They did come form an antique store, and the owner may have no knowledge on the subject and could have labeled them original for a quick sale. Will look a bit more before i give my final verdict.
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Now that i have looked a bit more i would leave those tabs. The feature that the OP is missing is the regular "O" under the gull. It can be seen in these examples which i have highlighted.

How Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar TabsHow Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar TabsHow Rare? Luftwaffe Hauptmann Collar Tabs
    ( "O"that you're tab misses)

I would leave these tabs and if you are still interested pick them up off a known dealer.

Morris

Tristan
    ?

Thanks for the reply guys! I do appreciate the opinions. And I understand the question to authenticity. But I would be safe to assume that there are too many variables to be certain. I am a collector, I have everything from Medals, buckles, Tabs, Gas Masks, headware, even silverware sets/plate sets, the list goes on. It's difficult to tell with these pictures. And actually the yellow is a little more "grungy", or dirty from age/light wear.

Maybe it's like the other items in my collection? A little different depending on the maker Unbelievable how many variables of a helmet, buckle, medal/pin, etc etc.

The antique shop i purchased from, it's a specific vendor, who obviously purchased a small vet bring back package. Included was the the US Soldiers visor hat, his ww2 medals, personal ID Card, Instruction booklets w/ name and notes inside, buttons/bars etc. and also a couple of small bring backs, luftwaffe tunic eagle, these two tabs, a shield and maybe one or two other german items.

I plan to pick up the rest of these items this weekend, and will post pictures once i do. I did do the blacklight test with both items while at this very large shop.

Tristan
    ?

Maybe I should take a better picture. Looking at the ones i took they are not taken the same way the other examples are. I took them sideways as not to capture shadow, they do look quite different in person. I wish I knew more about tabs, but i'm sure it's like anything else, you have 100 different makers, changing/available materials, changing talent doing the sewing.

i don't think it's a matter of personal style of embroidery here.

this stuff was tightly controlled as to pattern and quality.

i'd reject these for lying too far out of the norm as to design.

Tristan
    ?

But i do respect everyone's opinion, and doubt everything, unless from family Too difficult to tell

Tristan
    ?

Would you reject the two tabs above that KMMorris posted? because the gulls are the same, but not the wreaths, totally different.

Tristan
    ?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...ar-tabs-24989/

Check out those tabs. totally different than A, B, and C

Tristan
    ?

And these, the yellow ones obviously... no loop, but authentic.

Original Extremely RARE WW2 German Luftwaffe Air Force Collar Tab Patch Group | eBay

the examples KMMorris posts above are substantially different than the examples you post originally.

the detail in the gulls are not comparable.

in my opintion, purchasing controversy does not pay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast