Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need some help

Article about: Dear Forum members, For the Museum I work for we were donated a photo album of a Luftwaffe Pilot. The book is in mint condition and it holds 135 private pictures from the first day all throu

MAP
    ?

Agree with G and Neil. A couple of hundred dollars for standard pictures is what I would think. On the plus side you have the documents to go with it and the album is in very good shape (a lot had the eagle/Swaz pulled off post war). Unfortunately many of these album have had the better pictures taken out by dealers to resell.

My experience is that most of these albums, like yours were nicely put together with the typical white pen writing. Back then this is what they did in their spare time I guess. Different than in today's selfie taking / instant gratification mindset.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need some help
    P
    Many

Thank you very much for your reply MAP!

Ooo and by the way all pictures are still in the album! All very neatly fixated.

?

Albums have so much that can be researched, I like that. You also have some provenance which would be worth picking her brain for as much info on the album as you can get written down to present with the album... Just my thoughts. Over all a nice piece.

Hummel

?

My 2 cents. Take a look at historical media on line. It is a retail site selling various groupings of soldiers war albums and documents. Value is inflated 35-50% as they are procuring the albums and reselling for profit of course. I know Rick and a good guy but have not bought anything. My albums were bought in Germany by family or obtained by relatives and as far as value they are priceless to me as my Oma / Opa knew some of the soldiers so hard to put a number on them when it comes to value. I would have a heck of a time selling them. Albums are a personal thing and I have seen them go for 80.00 and upwards of a $1000 if they have original photos of Third Reich Leadership or if they are SS related.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    My 2 cents. Take a look at historical media on line. It is a retail site selling various groupings of soldiers war albums and documents. Value is inflated 35-50% as they are procuring the albums and reselling for profit of course. I know Rick and a good guy but have not bought anything. My albums were bought in Germany by family or obtained by relatives and as far as value they are priceless to me as my Oma / Opa knew some of the soldiers so hard to put a number on them when it comes to value. I would have a heck of a time selling them.
    I agree Kirk !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Oh please don't get me wrong. It is not for sale we just need a guide line to have it insured. The museum never sells any part of the collection.
    You need a written appraisel from a recognized expert in the field to insure any collection item separately.
    At least that was what I learned when I did a 6 month fellowship at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC.

It is considered rude and unacceptable to ask for monetary appraisles with out paying for such a service.
    That is what is commonly known as "ethics" in the field.
    You say you work for a museum. What museum ? Is it public or private ? How long has the museum existed ?Where ? Do you charge for admittance ?
    I am not questioning your integrity sir but you haven't identified your museum. Is it legally recognized by your government as a museum ?
    Absolutely anyone can open a "museum".

Steve, the museum is situated in a small town called Vaassen in The Netherlands. It is called Broken Wings dedicated to the pilots who lost their lives over it's territory in WWII and the general history of the war. We research every crash that occured, get in touch with their families and try to do as much as possible for their families but getting personal belongings back to them. The museum is free of charge as it run by volunteers. As for myself I have been trying to help veterans of WWII for about 20 years now. Where authorities failed I have made sure veterans were treated how they should be treated. Arranging help for their trips to Europe,making photographs of their battlefileds for them and sending the photographs to them. I have never asked or made a penny in all that time so I think my "ethics" are in order wouldn't you agree?

- - ------- - -

Thank you Rossi!!

Thank you Hummel!

?

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Steve, the museum is situated in a small town called Vaassen in The Netherlands. It is called Broken Wings dedicated to the pilots who lost their lives over it's territory in WWII and the general history of the war. We research every crash that occured, get in touch with their families and try to do as much as possible for their families but getting personal belongings back to them. The museum is free of charge as it run by volunteers. As for myself I have been trying to help veterans of WWII for about 20 years now. Where authorities failed I have made sure veterans were treated how they should be treated. Arranging help for their trips to Europe,making photographs of their battlefileds for them and sending the photographs to them. I have never asked or made a penny in all that time so I think my "ethics" are in order wouldn't you agree?

- - ------- - -

Thank you Rossi!!
    Took a look at the museum's website. Thanks.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2