Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...

Article about: by canuck63 dzyner, then play "c.s.i. Dzyner" lol

?

Default I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...

I'm looking at buying this tunic, shoulder boards and collar tabs for around $400. The collar tabs and shoulder boards are not original to the tunic; at some point someone removed the tabs and boards (I hate it when that happens!).

I know from here on this set will always be a put-together set, but is it still a good deal at $400? It doesn't bother me as much that these items aren't original since I don't resell. I'm just curious if you guys think this is a good deal.

(Note the rip on the back of the tunic around the right hand shoulder blade, and no equipment straps present. Also, there is a rip on the inside of the lower left pocket, visible in the photos - almost looks intentional)

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...
    P
    Many

Default Re: I'd like some opinions on this M36 Field Tunic...

At US$ 400 is a good deal!These tunics had carrying straps that went from the front holes to the rear ones passing inside the lining and over the shoulders.You could find a pair of them but be prepared to pay for them what you're going to fork out for this tunic.
    Even if you don't usually resell it will sell rather easily once the litzen and shoulder straps are on if and/or when you'll upgrade to a better one!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Last edited by Canuck63; 03-28-2011 at 07:55 PM.

?

Thanks for he feedback Manny!

So if I properly attach the shoulder straps and litzen to this tunic, what do you think the value would be at that point since they aren't original to the tunic?... ballpark estimate?

?

Hey Manny, if you're still online, would you mind having a look at the coat I just uploaded for opinions as well?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...85/#post262143

Hi Dzyner,
    I had replied to your question yesterday but looks like the mtrfckng PC didn't send the reply!The value of a put-together would be the value of the tunic+the value of the applied insigna+a few tenners for saving the new owner from doing the job by himself!In your particular case US$ 600/700 would do just fine
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Thanks Manny, I appreciate the info. I did some research last night after I picked up the tunic and based on my research I'd hoped it would be worth a bit more. I hate citing retailer website prices as a comparison, but I've seen similar tunics with retail asking prices over a grand (most over $1,500). So I figure realistic value would be more in the neighborhood of $900 - $1,100, considering the tunic is pretty solid aside from the rip at the rear of the jacket. Either way I'm happy with my purchase, no regrets here

$400???? Well done mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks Manny, I appreciate the info. I did some research last night after I picked up the tunic and based on my research I'd hoped it would be worth a bit more. I hate citing retailer website prices as a comparison, but I've seen similar tunics with retail asking prices over a grand (most over $1,500). So I figure realistic value would be more in the neighborhood of $900 - $1,100, considering the tunic is pretty solid aside from the rip at the rear of the jacket. Either way I'm happy with my purchase, no regrets here
    Dzyner,
    the prices you've cited are on the "cheap" side for an untouched,original,sound tunic with no damage whatsoever.You've seen "similar" tunics in that they're,like you've said...similar.
    If you're reselling for profit then you're free to ask a gazillion bucks for that tunic but since you've asked how much such a tunic would be worth (knowing the price you've paid for) I've replied that a rule of thumb would be the price of the "bare" tunic plus the cost of the insigna plus (if you want to raise a few tenners for an evening out with your sweetheart) a small bonus for having looked for the right insigna and bothered to apply them!
    of course...many dealers (including the one that when I publicly disclosed a few iffy pieces he had listed -and who keeps for himself the items that gullible souls ship to him unregistered- framed me on the WAF as a form of mafioso retaliation) sell professionally put together tunics and caps as "genuine,untouched,as found,as left,as brought back by the vet" and all kind of things.
    In your case this tunic would be worth US$ 700 tops (to me at least,and I don't take into consideration anything that would be less than 1000% original and un-touched for my collection),but if you can re-sell it for US$ 1100 than you'd be even luckier than you've been so far with your findings!
    My 0.02 Reichsmark
    Manny

?

Hey Manny, thanks so much for your candor. I understand where you're coming from now. Like I said, no regrets - I got a good deal on the set and am happy either way. I don't resell anyway so its really a non-issue, just something I'm curious about.

If you were me, would you add these shoulder boards and tabs to this tunic, find another set that more closely matches, or leave the tunic as-is and display the tabs and boards in a frame by themselves?

I'd like to hear other opinions regarding the above as well.

Dzyner

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Hey Manny, thanks so much for your candor. I understand where you're coming from now. Like I said, no regrets - I got a good deal on the set and am happy either way. I don't resell anyway so its really a non-issue, just something I'm curious about.

If you were me, would you add these shoulder boards and tabs to this tunic, find another set that more closely matches, or leave the tunic as-is and display the tabs and boards in a frame by themselves?From where I sit the boards looks like slip-on ones with the lower tab cut off in order to have them sewn on the tunic!Very confusing...do you know the whereabouts of the tunic and the insigna that came with it?
    Talk soon
    Manny

I'd like to hear other opinions regarding the above as well.

Dzyner
    Dzyner,
    if you've found the litzen and shoulder boards WITH the tunic and you're reaonably sure they're original to it than you could either leave them in the first aid pocket or have them properly resewn.You say they're not original to the tunic...maybe...may be not...wait until you'll get the lot and THEN play "C.S.I. Dzyner" ....if the seller told you that thry ain'y original in the first place then it's another story.
    On the other hand...why partly stripping a tunic?Does the eagle belongs to it?Has it been on the tunic since the War?
    It's your call mate...if this tunic is your first one and if I were in your shoes I'd have it restored and upgrade to an un-touched one at a later date!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast