Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication

Article about: Welcome to the forum. I'm not a tunic guy but from what I can see it looks OK. But...the eagle is for a Heer uniform. The pin does not belong to the tunic and the armband should not be on th

Default Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication

Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authenticationInherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authenticationInherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication   Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inherited from my grandfather, D+1 vet, looking for positive ID and authentication
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a tunic guy but from what I can see it looks OK. But...the eagle is for a Heer uniform. The pin does not belong to the tunic and the armband should not be on the tunic. The armband is an NSDAP political item and were not worn on military uniform (Also armbands are worn on the left sleeve above the elbow.

One of the rank pips is oxidized or blackened and might be replaced.

Nice close up photos of the details would help. Also of the interior.

Buttons look fine. made by Carl Theodor Dicke

Others with more experience should be around shortly
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello Seedubxj....also the grey material at the top of the photo shows off the nice blue grey color of the uniform...

You are a fortunate man
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You have a Gefreiter tunic for flak artillery (red) which includes the arm chevron.
    As MAP said the armband does not go with the tunic, the other is Heer eagle, and the pin is for a US Marksmanship Qualification Badge i think from these photoes.
    Belt would go with the tunic.

Morris