Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Insignia grouping, is it worth it?

Article about: Hello everyone, Recently I came across a small grouping of patches/tabs/boards and was wondering what you would set the value for. I am more familiar with WW1 imperial German myself so help

Default Insignia grouping, is it worth it?

Hello everyone,

Recently I came across a small grouping of patches/tabs/boards and was wondering what you would set the value for. I am more familiar with WW1 imperial German myself so help would be appreciated. From what I can identify, the boards are Heer artillery, the one chevron is DAK, the other is SS? The eagle is Heer or late DAK. The collar tabs are black on silver.

Edited, added pictures on the back, looks like the boards are Heer due to the color on the back. They are in unissued/mint condition with no glow and the right "feel"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Insignia grouping, is it worth it?   Insignia grouping, is it worth it?  

Last edited by Klaus Fisher; 03-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Insignia grouping, is it worth it?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Insignia grouping, is it worth it?

I could be wrong about this, and I cannot comment on their authenticity, however I believe these pieces are the following:

M40 or M39 Heer breast eagle- I am fairly confident that this one is good.
    Heer panzer armwinkel for the rank of Stabsgefreiter
    Heer armwinkel for an Obergefreiter. I believe this one is for the work HBT tunic, not DAK.
    Heer pioniere litzen? I have no idea on these.
    SS artillery, assault gun, or Flak shoulderboards.

I am probably wrong about most of these. I am just taking a guess...

Hey Like I said, I know more about Imperial German insignia than WW2. A guy is asking 80 for all of it.

As OB posted, Heer M40 tunic eagle, $40-60, the two chevrons, about $15-30 each, and as was posted, the tan one is not DAK, but HBT work uniform, though you do see this type wrongly for sale as Luftwaffe tropical!!!, the Pioneer tunic collar patch, looks good ($15-30), either officers or OR's Dress tunic (Waffenrock) and the shoulder boards are probably Panzer (or assault gun), for the black wrapper tunic. Hard to say if they are good without more and better detailed pics, including the reverse, but if they are good, they are worth a few hundred $'s on their own. If you are talking dollar's, the other items are probably worth 80 or more, without the boards, so you look to be on a winner and if the panzer boards are good, you will have done very well, IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    and the shoulder boards are probably Panzer (or assault gun), for the black wrapper tunic.

Hello,
    IMO they're not Panzer because of the red piping, they're not assault gun because of the black cloth, IMO they're not Heer and a few photos showing the back would tell if they're WSS.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    IMO they're not Panzer because of the red piping, they're not assault gun because of the black cloth, IMO they're not Heer and a few photos showing the back would tell if they're WSS.
    Thanks
    Which is why I asked for pictures of the backs!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Added pictures of the back in the main post.

Any idea on the boards?