Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Interesting Award

Article about: I am posting this interesting award, not to raise argument pro or con, only for discussion. Some may have been privileged to stories about this specific piece and, those who have are entitle

Default Re: Interesting Award

Hi Richard,looking at the reverse of the badge. It has Junckers characteristics,if anything. Have you ever tried them? Although R.Souval made post war awards,their hardware varied little to wartime productions. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Award
    P
    Many

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Richard,looking at the reverse of the badge. It has Junckers characteristics,if anything. Have you ever tried them? Although R.Souval made post war awards,their hardware varied little to wartime productions. Stewy S
    Sewy ... I'm a bit out of the modern times collecting loop but does Junker still exist? Someone also once told me that it resembles a B&NL?

Hi Richard,i believe Junckers still exist. The flat wire catch & barrell hinge on a plate,rather than hinge soldered directly to the badge suggest a Junckers style attempt at the hardware. Stewy S

Not that im attempting to stir up a hornets nest on these photos of said badge but, these all strangely look very familiar to me because W.C. Stump had posted them on World War II Forums about 1-2 years before he passed away. He had also posted them over @ waf as well. The badge in these photos has long ago been proven to be a repop/ Now, im not with a good enough memory to say how this badge was proven not to be the real deal but-I have seen these photos posted before on those two named sites-and all were posted by Mr. Stump.

Cheers.

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Not that im attempting to stir up a hornets nest on these photos of said badge but, these all strangely look very familiar to me because W.C. Stump had posted them on World War II Forums about 1-2 years before he passed away. He had also posted them over @ waf as well. The badge in these photos has long ago been proven to be a repop/ Now, im not with a good enough memory to say how this badge was proven not to be the real deal but-I have seen these photos posted before on those two named sites-and all were posted by Mr. Stump.

Cheers.
    I can respectfully state that my friend Bill Stump and a few who think that they are experts on the forums that you mention could never offer proof to the contrary regarding this badge ... only opinions, and I must say uninformed ones at best. The photos do not do this piece justice, as many have found who have actually been able to hold it and view it hands on. The quality far exceeds that of the Souval variation strikes of the 60's and of the bogus ones that exist. As I said earlier that most, for some unknown reason, will make the comparison to the CP/Ow/Brilliants and this is not the case. One thing that is certain, is that we shall never know the extant to which items were produced or their intended purpose during the Third Reich's existance.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2