MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

An interesting officer's tunic. Your opinion PLEASE

Article about: Hi, A German Army HV Officer's tunic which has turned up and which I hope will arouse some interest re its originality and badging etc. Your opinions are most welcome so please feel free to

Hi Anderson, many thanks for your input to this thread. I too agree with Kradman re selling. I am not dealing with the original dealer but rather the guy who purchased it from the dealer. I also agree with your sentiments re provenance etc. and have copied the dealer's narative from his list which proves nothing but is a good reference. Personally, I am inclined to view the tunic favourably but am still wide open to comments and opinions.

Thank you once again

Regards Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An interesting officer's tunic.  Your opinion PLEASE
    P
    Many

Hi JPhilip, Thank you for your response and your opinion. I too like the tunic and its overall quality etc. Apart from the obvious deviations from the norm of an issue controlled jacket, I am now of the opinion that it is what it is said to be. Your comments re the stitched lining etc are of particular interest and are greatly appreciated. May I ask, have you viewed the FS cap in my previous thread? If so, I would value an opinion on that item too please.

May I also ask, who was Laurent Huart?

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

Hello,
    Laurent Huart was a collector, a friend of mine and an associate who passed away in December 2008 in his 45th year of life.
    Together we wrote around 450 pages of articles about the WWII german Equipment and uniforms, plus the book Feldbluse published in 2007.
    He's missed a lot.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi, Thank you for your message and I hope that you did not mind me asking? Far too many good people die young. My mother died less than a month after her 42nd birthday on Christmas Day. Those whom the Gods love die young so they say.

Cheers Michael

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, Thank you for your message and I hope that you did not mind me asking? Far too many good people die young. My mother died less than a month after her 42nd birthday on Christmas Day. Those whom the Gods love die young so they say.

Hello,
    No, i did not mind you asking about Laurent. Talking about real friends is always a pleasure for me, even if it is sometimes very painful
    Laurent also passed away on Christmas day. I know what it feels as my father passed away four months after his 31st birthday.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 08-24-2017 at 08:04 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Life can be a bitch at times!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2