Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Items at the military show!

Article about: Heer are some things I saw at the KIA-POW rally/swap meet today.enjoy..

?

Default Re: Items at the military show!

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Hi Dean, by the pictures it was on the coast close to Santa Cruz. Is this an annual or a one time event? I wish i could have been there.

There will be the the Bay Area Military show here in Hayward this up coming saturday if you have an interest. There is always alot of good stuff at that show.

Thanks for showing.
    Thanks! It is at Moss Landing, just about 15 mins from Santa Cruz, good eye! I would love to make it to Hayward this Sat..I'll try. I'm not sure if it is annual, I havent heard of it happening last year.Thanks for commenting and maybe we'll hook up at the hayward show.
    ~Dean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items at the military show!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    some very nice things you got there we need to see those uniforms its sounds to good to me maybe he has some uniform with some bloke called A hitler stamped inside

tom
    Ha! That would be awesome! Thanks for the comment!
    ~Dean

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hey Dean nice picture of the Yosemite valley on your desk I climbed there about twenty years ago spent some time dong verticals on the El capitan.Back on subject thoe of the swap meet nice banner any markings on it, And very nice map case looks like it has been marked with troop movements any indication in the case or on the plastic cover which offensive it was or who was involved.

Regards Mark K
    I just realized the map has Germany on the mid-right side ,france on the low left and luxemburg at the top. It seems the frontline marks in red grease pen are at StraBburg(strassbourg) close to the German border.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Items at the military show!  

?

First to the Rhine River - Strasbourg 1944Hey Dean I just did a ittle research and it says that on November 23 1944 that the 2nd Battalion,of the U.S 324 Infantry was in Strasbourg and that Captain Delbert O, Barry's E Company was the first American unit to reach the Rhine in WW2 I wonder if there is any relevance between your map and the defensive lines that the Germans set up around Stasbourg to gaurd the Bridgehead. Will post the link were I found the info so you can check it out has a excellent tactical map attached to the website Hope it works.

Regards Mark K

?

Thanks Mark! That would be awesome if it was from that offensive.That's some great info you gave us.
    ~Dean

?

Idont know if there is any relation at all between the map case /map and the information that I gave you Dean it was just speculation but I did find it a point of intrest and there are similarities between the grease marks on the map and the tactical map in the artical.

Regards Mark K

?

How much Did u pay for all of it

?

I paid $35.oo for the map and case/shoulder strap. The Kreistliung armband was $20.oo , the heer trap was $20.oo , the Swiss ammo/med pouch was $15.oo and the pennants were $100.oo
    Not bad since I made $150.00 selling a wehrmacht stalhelm shell and a set of panzer collar skulls.
    Thanks guys!
    ~Dean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3