Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Karl Wintergerst Tunic???

Article about: I've had this tunic for a while and I've been trying to identify the owner. I can only narrow it down to Karl Wintergerst who was a major in the 7th artillery regiment. He's the only one who

Default Karl Wintergerst Tunic???

I've had this tunic for a while and I've been trying to identify the owner. I can only narrow it down to Karl Wintergerst who was a major in the 7th artillery regiment. He's the only one who I think could be a possibility. He was "severely wounded" and earned the wound badge in silver which would make sense for the type of injury this person sustained. If anyone can help me prove or disprove this theory that'd be great.
    Thanks!

Artillerie-Regimenter - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Short history of Wintergerst. He was handed over to the Reds and then never seen again so it's hard to find any info on him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl Wintergerst Tunic???   Karl Wintergerst Tunic???  

Karl Wintergerst Tunic???  
    Attached Images Attached Images Karl Wintergerst Tunic??? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Wintergerst Tunic???
    P
    Many

Nice tunic, I look forward to hearing what people have to say about it.

?

It is not often we encounter uniforms with sewn-in sleeves like this. A very interesting uniform.

Hello,

How did you narrow it down to Karl Wintergerst? Is his name tag in it? Throughout the life of the 7th Art regiment they had very many majors in it and associated with it.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    How did you narrow it down to Karl Wintergerst? Is his name tag in it? Throughout the life of the 7th Art regiment they had very many majors in it and associated with it.
    I'd be interested in that as well.

Wintergerst was only with the 7th Artillery Regiment until September 1934, was promoted to Oberstleutnant on 1 January 1936 and ended the war as a Generalleutnant.

If the tunic really was his, he had to have discarded it a decade before the end of the war, as the insignia don't reflect his subsequent transfers and promotions.

Also, did Wintergerst really lose his left arm? Just asking, I don't know. The Wound Badge in Silver was also awarded for being wounded three or four times. Loss of a limb, an eye or hearing were alternate criteria added in WW2.