Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?

Article about: Greetings all, I bought this in the mid to late 70s - can't recall if it was advertised as real or repro - I suspect fake but don't know. Any help/opinions as to whether it is real and the m

Default Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?

Greetings all,

I bought this in the mid to late 70s - can't recall if it was advertised as real or repro - I suspect fake but don't know. Any help/opinions as to whether it is real and the maker would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?
    Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?
    P
    Many

Attachment 1119688Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?

Welcome to the forum. Interesting construction. It looks like a stickpin with that long twisted pin, more than a cap badge which typically used multiple prongs. But more research is needed before I d say a definitive yes or no. Best regards.

Brian

Some Kriegsmarine caps did use an eagle stick pin.
    Can you post a better photo of the eagle's head from the front?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Some Kriegsmarine caps did use an eagle stick pin.
    Can you post a better photo of the eagle's head from the front?
    Ralph.
    True. The one piece combination eagle & corcade are seen with the twisted stick pin

That David beat me to it. This one piece example is missing it's pin. But obviously had a single attachment pin at one time. I was thinking it was for a visor not a Donald duck cap. But yes I think it's a good period example. Best regards. Image from collectors guild.

Brian

Is this Keigsmarine NCO metal cap insignia fake?

The Collector's Guild

Thank you Brian. Ralph asked for a pic of the head, but there really isn't anything there - just an eye and not much of a beak. Can't figure out as yet how to post an upright pic anyway.

Also, my recollection is that I bought this item around 1977, and it was attached to a Donald Duck hat with the "Kreigsmarine" "cuff" title wrapped around it. I think the ad stated that the metal eagle and the cuff title were period, but the hat was not. No clue as to the veracity of that, and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I have other items that I have questions about, and will post them if and when I figure out how to post pics in an upright position ( I am kind of slow, it seems).

Thanks to all and I am so happy I found this forum!

Quote by mjm1965 View Post
    I have other items that I have questions about, and will post them if and when I figure out how to post pics in an upright position ( I am kind of slow, it seems).

Thanks to all and I am so happy I found this forum!
    I have read that other members e-mail the photos to themselves in the correct orientation and then save them and post those photos.
    I don't know as I have never had a problem with this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)