Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Km collani or what?!

Article about: I have had this for years and was under the impression it was a KM pea coat, but there are issues with it. It is certainly old and has been used, but by whom is the question? Is it German ma

Default Re: Km collani or what?!

Quote by Redcap View Post
    I'd have to say it doesn't look like a regulation KM Collani to me. The collar is the wrong shape, no buttonholes on the lapels, lining is not the regulation type, one interior pocket - should be two and set higher up.

Maybe Reichsmarine ?, or even Handelsmarine, but I don't think its KM.

Thanks for the reply. I mentioned the odd lining and lack of lapel button holes in post #9 , but I did not know about the inside pocket(s). Handelsmarine or Reichsmarine were something I had considered but finding info on them has not been easy, especially the latter.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Km collani or what?!
    P
    Many

?

Here's a couple of shots from one that Helmut Weitze is selling and that I'd class as "textbook". Note the collar design where the "points of the collar slant downwards, not up, and there is only a very tiny gap between the collar and lapel. I lightened the image of the interior so you can see the two interior pockets, again textbook KM.

You can of course find variants with privately tailored stuff, but the crude lining on yours suggests that this isn't a privately made piece. Do the buttons look as though they've always been there ? Just wondering if it was a totally stripped Imperial jacket that has had its buttons replaced by later post-imperial RM/KM types.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Km collani or what?!   Km collani or what?!  

?

The collar shape on yours is a bit more like this Imperial style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Km collani or what?!  

The buttons look to have been reapplied/added. Nice shot of the imperial collar, but even that has the lapel buttonhole. For all I know, it might not have started life as German at all, maybe Brit, French or any other nation? When I posted it, I hoped someone would say where it was from. It was free and I would just like to know what nation/period it is from.

thanks for taking the time on this, much appreciated
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2