Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KM Walking Out Uniforms

Article about: Gents Just a question on KM EM uniforms, did the KM have a walking out uniform? If so did they were a belt and buckle with it? I have looked at images on a google search and none show them w

Default KM Walking Out Uniforms

Gents

Just a question on KM EM uniforms, did the KM have a walking out uniform? If so did they were a belt and buckle with it? I have looked at images on a google search and none show them wearing a belt or buckle.

Cheers
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Walking Out Uniforms
    P
    Many

Wow, 30 people looking at this sub forum can no-one answer?
    Ben

Hi Ben, no belt & buckle worn with this style of uniform.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    did the KM have a walking out uniform? If so did they were a belt and buckle with it?
    Here the most important dresses for enlisted ranks from the German navy, taken from
    "Uniformen der Deutschen Wehrmacht", edition 1939/1940.

KM Walking Out Uniforms KM Walking Out Uniforms

At left first image: gilded buckle, which is the so-called Behördenausführung;
    at left second image: field-grey buckle; at right the gilded form, which also is
    the Behördenausführung. Due to the weight of the equipment no Extra-
    Koppelschloss
    is being worn.

You see above when a buckle is being worn! Parade-dress - yes; walking out, which
    is the Dienstanzug - no! When you see the use of cartridge pouches - yes!

KM Walking Out Uniforms KM Walking Out Uniforms

The coming fellows are wearing field-grey and so the field-grey navy buckle:

KM Walking Out Uniforms

It is too much work to scan all the dress-forms for the navy as mentioned in
    "Bekleidungs- und Anzugs-Bestimmungen für die Kriegsmarine" from
    the 1940 reprint (actually issued 1935), known as M.Dv. Nr. 260. There are
    over 65 pages with instructions for the blue and also the field-grey dresses!

Remark:
    most buckle-collectors, just collect the buckles, but do not have
    any idea about the regulations for what and when to be worn!

When I started to collect buckles, for me it was obvious to start collecting
    also the regulations for knowing the facts. This was in about 1972 and that
    is why I have some files around from practically any Third Reich-organization!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-10-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Wim!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

You can't have one of everything..It will all be interesting.. but when you find an area you have a passion for it dig in! The Great thing is you will have a ton of friends willing to help!! I hope the "New Guys will" see the value and Join as Members!! I always appreciate the new info and being a person of routine,I find myself a creature of habit! I frequent my area of collecting.. I have made it a point to recently to visit some other areas on the forum, and it has reminded me how wonderful the forums have been for me! What a vast amount of information and friends can be obtained here! I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to be able to share with all of you and I would encourage you all to "Poke around" on the other subjects.. You never know what may give you insight or make you a "Great Catch" because you know what it is ! Regards,Geoff