Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Greatcoat

Article about: Hello everyone, I was wondering what your opinions are on the purported KM greatcoat w/ dagger hangers as it may become an early birthday/Christmas present for me. Thanks again!

Default Kriegsmarine Greatcoat

Hello everyone, I was wondering what your opinions are on the purported KM greatcoat w/ dagger hangers as it may become an early birthday/Christmas present for me. Thanks again!
    Kriegsmarine Greatcoat
    Kriegsmarine Greatcoat
    Kriegsmarine Greatcoat
    Kriegsmarine Greatcoat
    Kriegsmarine Greatcoat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Greatcoat
    P
    Many

Shameless self-bump

Certainly original. Harry may have a point.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

My first impression is that of Harry's also. Likely it was altered for post-war use by a much shorter person-perhaps even a female. Winter coats were in preciously scarce supply in 1945-46.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Now that you mention it, it does look like the bottom has been shortened a bit. Drat, I really liked this one. Thanks again everyone.

Nice original coat KM could have been done by original owner or post war as stated a lot of items were used post war as Wagriff states and even by BM later on. timothy

Thanks Timothy. Unfortunately the auction has ended and decided to pass as the price got to high for my neater militaria budget. Just wondering butnwhat do these usually go for?

Judging by the photos I can see, this would be more likely a post-war freiwillinge feuerwehr mantel which has been modified to look like a wartime KM one.
    The stitched-in epaulettes, shorter skirt and lack of collar-hooks are the biggest giveaway for me.
    An "enlisted man" version would have pointed epaulettes as opposed to the rounded officer type.
    I might be wrong, but compared to my own FW mantel, it is virtually identical in all the right places.