Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine insignia

Article about: I really want to be sure the insignia on this jacket is original... Is there someone who knows if this is original?? many thanks, Geert

Default Kriegsmarine insignia

I really want to be sure the insignia on this jacket is original...
    Is there someone who knows if this is original??

many thanks,
    Geert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine insignia   Kriegsmarine insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine insignia
    P
    Many

?

The pips on the board do not look very old to me, overall not a good feeling on this one

The pips do look old, they really look like they have been in a wet environment.
    I will post more pics of it, I hope that helps

Here are more pictures of the shoulderboards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine insignia   Kriegsmarine insignia  

Age patina of the pips won't have anything to do with originality depending on the metal they are made from I have had some early silver plated that didn't age at all and late war zinc ones did the boards look ok the eagle on tunic I have a similar one wait on some of the insignia experts to weigh in. Right now I like your boards and the pips. I try to avoid KM a lot unless I know where it came from too much BM out there. I'm not saying that one is appears WW2 from pictures. IMO timothy

Boards and pips look good to me too.

That eagle looks like a good KM eagle variant my Dad had a similar one he brought or sent home from Normandy. I think it is ok too. I agree boards and pips are fine. timothy

?

The first picture does not show much detail they looked new, but the second shows that they have some patina

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The first picture does not show much detail they looked new, but the second shows that they have some patina
    Gel that is not a good formula to go by when judging peoples stuff or offering opinions for there are a lot of good items that look new and there a lot of bad items that look old. Ageing by the fakers has been going on since mid 60's when I got some insignia that was dipped in acid to look old. Examine the item in your collection compared to the picture if you have good ones, and then see if you can see a difference. A lot of this comes with experience of years of handling the real stuff and seeing it. Don't get me wrong you can still get duped no matter how many you have seen. IE I know a gentleman in his 70's that has been collecting swords for over 50 years he recently purchased a rare model at a GS that had been "aged" he told me he bought it on impulse and age he said he should have known better when he got home and took it apart he found out he was duped he had gave several thousand dollars for it. Just food for thought that might pay off. I have bought a few fakes my self based on looks so nobody is exempt. Patina can be a good thing though expecially like cammo helmets etc. So it has its place and isn't a bad formula for a lot of items in that respect I agree with you. Regards timothy