Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Article about: I friend of mine found this while cleaning out his in-laws closet. The story is that his father-in-law (US Army) found this jacket in a hotel in Marseilles during WW2. It seems to be a jacke

Default Re: Kriegsmarine officer jacket

Applied by hand would be the norm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine officer jacket
    P
    Many

Hi Pablo,

Oakleaf Militaria have a couple of bullion breast eagles for $125 each, don't know if that's expensive, but the one is a cracker!

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/images/1010ci27-1.jpg

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It actually needs a silver eagle for Admin Officers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    I would like to find a nice original breast eagle to attach to it. Any suggestions on how to attach it professionally? Should this be done by hand after close examination of an original stitching?
    You need one like this, silver wire thread on dark blue, (this example is being sold by Helmut Weitze). As Ade says, attached carefully by hand sewing, using cotton thread, none of that modern synthetic stuff and you'll have a tunic worth around $1000. Well worth spending the money on a good eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine officer jacket  

?

The fellow who owns this jacket is finally going to sell it to me. I would like to find a good quality silver threaded breast eagle for it as depicted in the previous post. Any suggestions as to where I can get one?

?

Kriegsmarine officer jacket

As suggested, got a silver KM eagle from H. Weitz and had the wife hand-stitch it on. Thanks, wife.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2