Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Patch Identification

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently cleared out my grandparents' attic and I found these four patches in a trunk that my grandfather kept his old military uniforms from when he served in

CaptainK
    ?

Default Kriegsmarine Patch Identification

Kriegsmarine Patch IdentificationKriegsmarine Patch Identification

Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently cleared out my grandparents' attic and I found these four patches in a trunk that my grandfather kept his old military uniforms from when he served in the 4th Armored Division during WWII. I was able to identify the iron cross and other German souvenirs he brought back but I cannot identify these four patches. They look like they are some form of insignia from the Kriegsmarine? Can anybody help me identify these and possible provide an estimate of what they are worth. Thank you.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Patch Identification

Hi K

Welcome to the forum

This site will help you:

The Collector's Guild

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

These are four from the series of combined trade/rank badges for junior petty officers [Unteroffiziere ohne Portepee] of the Kriegsmarine, as worn on the left upper arm.

• Top left: Obersignalmaat [machine embroidered version for wear on the blue shirt]
    • Top right: Mechanikersmaat (Torpedolaufbahn) [metal version for wear on the dress jacket and pea coat]
    • Bottom left: Vermessungssteuermannsmaat [metal version for wear on the dress jacket and pea coat]
    • Bottom right: Musikmaat [metal version for wear on the dress jacket and pea coat]

CaptainK
    ?

Thank you!