Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Schnurhose

Article about: Hello friends, I have no doubt these are original Kriegsmarine tropical shorts. However, there are a few details that have me curious. The adjustment hardware for the two belts in the back a

Default Kriegsmarine Schnurhose

Hello friends, I have no doubt these are original Kriegsmarine tropical shorts. However, there are a few details that have me curious. The adjustment hardware for the two belts in the back are not standard. I wonder if they have been replaced? Also, there are two button retainers rather than snaps holding them in place. I am also wondering why there is an internal pocket on the left side? What is the purpose of it? All of the stamps have been washed out so there is no clue on date or manufacture. Input appreciated. NH

Kriegsmarine SchnurhoseKriegsmarine SchnurhoseKriegsmarine Schnurhose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Schnurhose
    P
    Many

I never get any feedback or very little on trousers. Not sexy enough I guess! Maybe if they had a big Hakenkreuz on them that would help. ; ) NH

The pocket would be for the fob watch.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian but not that one. I am talking about the internal pocket on the left hand side. It is attached to the back of the left side pocket inside the shorts. NH

Not the same shorts but this photo shows the inside pocket. Mine have the same kind of pocket. What was it's purpose? Thanks for input. NH

Kriegsmarine Schnurhose

Ah...

Field dressing I would say.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, Yes, my guess too. It would make sense if it was worn with a light duty shirt. NH