Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Uniform Identification Please

Article about: Just got this from a vet. All I can tell is it was a para medical uniform ...anyone else have details ? Rank...date on uniform is 1936 Thank you !

Default Kriegsmarine Uniform Identification Please

Just got this from a vet. All I can tell is it was a para medical uniform ...anyone else have details ? Rank...date on uniform is 1936

Thank you !Kriegsmarine Uniform Identification PleaseKriegsmarine Uniform Identification PleaseKriegsmarine Uniform Identification PleaseKriegsmarine Uniform Identification Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Uniform Identification Please
    P
    Many

?

Dress jacket (Messejacke) for the rank of Oberleutnant . Worn over a dark blue vest/waistcoat which also had gilt anchor buttons and white shirt with black bow-tie.
    The jacket was not intended to be buttoned up, but fastened by a gold chain. Should have the branch of service emblem (Laufbahnabzeichen) just above the sleeve rings.

If, as suggested, he is a medic, he should have as the Laufbahnabzeichen, the Aesculapian staff which would designate him as a Marineoberassistenzarzt.

Don't happen to have a photo of a fully dressed version of this jacket do you ? I am interested in building it as the original as much as possible. I am doing this to collect not in hopes of resale at higher value. It has the gold chain as you can see with the two buttons at each end.

it has the medic symbol embroided on the both sleeves directy above the 2 hash marks on the sleeves.

I will now post the exact symbol that is on each sleeve.

Don't happen to have a photo of a fully dressed version of this jacket do you ? I am interested in building it as the original as much as possible. I am doing this to collect not in hopes of resale at higher value. It has the gold chain as you can see with the two buttons at each end.

it has the medic symbol embroided on the both sleeves directy above the 2 hash marks on the sleeves.

This link has the image of the exact symbol on the sleeves. http://www.johnnyg.westhost.com/efl518-pic1.JPG

?

Here is the blue vest worn under the Officer's Messejacke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Uniform Identification Please  

Thank you ! Do you have any idea where I can buy one of these original or repro? I appreciate the help !

?

Helmut Weitze has an example of the Vest

https://www.weitze.net/detail/59/Kri...t__223159.html

and also the long officers trousers

https://www.weitze.net/detail/35/Kri...e__143835.html

Fantastic uniform! Good luck on getting the set together.