Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine waffenfarbe

Article about: Hello all, What are the different KM branch colors? I have seen dark blue, white and green. I have tried to do some research on my own but have come up with nothing. Any assistance would be

Default Kriegsmarine waffenfarbe

Hello all,
    What are the different KM branch colors? I have seen dark blue, white and green. I have tried to do some research on my own but have come up with nothing. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine waffenfarbe
    P
    Many

Hi!
    They used different uniforms (dress jacket, pea-jacket, u-boot bloues, black and grey lether jacket, work jacket etc.) different insignias with many career, specialty insignias and trade patches wears on the left arm, shoulder boards and collar tabs.
    There has been various patterns shoulder boards, collar tabs too in various underlay colors. Shades of the KM blue color from the light cornflower to dark blue (to black).
    Overall no waffenfarbe in KM (except admin, judicial etc) , but here is some example for a few and description of shoulder board s record (Angolia's book):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine waffenfarbe  

Here are many example for coastal artillery and other Km insignias:
    The Collector's Guild

I see,
    So thee underlay (waffenfarbe) color wasn't an indicator of branch but instead matched the uniform it was worn on?

Yes. The underlay colors made for the uniforms in KM.
    ....and KM administrative and judicial, coastal shoulder boards diverge the common KM boards. (and other wehrmacht boards) Identified with different color the all board. Not like heer, luftwaffe, ss etc.

One more example for KM admin strap.
    Look at the link:
    Kriegsmarine Administration shoulder straps

Thats great! Thanks very much for the help. They sure are are a divergent from the rest of the wehrmacht. I really appreciate the clarification