MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine workers badge?

Article about: Hi Guys, this one has come into work this week. As you can see, it has a KM approval stamp and is issue numbered on the reverse. Any ideas as to which company it relates to? Thanks! Cheers,

Default Kriegsmarine workers badge?

Hi Guys, this one has come into work this week.

As you can see, it has a KM approval stamp and is issue numbered on the reverse.

Any ideas as to which company it relates to? If that is what it is for of course.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine workers badge?   Kriegsmarine workers badge?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine workers badge?
    P
    Many

The jagged heraldic element is known as a Nesselblatt and found in many North German coats-of-arms:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nesselblatt

The design of this badge (color scheme, shape of the shield) reminds me of the coat-of-arms for the city of Kiel in particular:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieler_Wappen

Between that and the letter "U" I think there might be a connection to the U-Boat facilities at Kiel.

(Mind you, this is pure speculation on my part and I may well be completely wrong here.)

Thanks!

I have a vague recollection of seeing this one before, but never knew exactly what it was for.

It was brought home by a British Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, have this badge and all I know is that it was a u boat dock yard worker pin, coat of arms, Kiel, company?. This is a rare pin by all means, glad I have it in my collection and very happy to see that you also got one with proofed origin. I am trying to get more information about it, once I do I ll post it
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks!

I have a vague recollection of seeing this one before, but never knew exactly what it was for.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine workers badge?   Kriegsmarine workers badge?  

Last edited by jamoros; 06-09-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Unfortunately I have not been able to further find more information about this pin, such as the company, would appreciate if anyone with more information about it could kindly post it, thanks, Juan

?

This exact same badge has just been "sold" by a member located in the South of England, over on the eStand at WAF...

?

Yes, I bought it

?

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Yes, I bought it
    An interesting item, well done.

Thanks Carl, glad you like it and I believe rare to encounter, been searching to get more info besides the one posted and no success, but that is ok, very happy to have bought it

?

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade, was the one that you have seen as a vet's bring back also stamped with an eagle over M which seems quite crude IMO and what would be the purpose of the later added number at the back instead as visible at the front?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast