Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

late war breast eagle and field cap insignia?

Article about: from the little i know these as also called M44 insignia? what does the M stand for? sorry about my lack of basic knowledge , but i have just started to get interested in learning about and

Default late war breast eagle and field cap insignia?

from the little i know these as also called M44 insignia? what does the M stand for?
    sorry about my lack of basic knowledge , but i have just started to get interested in learning about and collect Heer breast eagles and cap insignia : )
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture late war breast eagle and field cap insignia?   late war breast eagle and field cap insignia?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement late war breast eagle and field cap insignia?
    P
    Many

M = Model as in M1944= 1944 Model
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Stig, these are original but were never called M44.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

When it comes to German militaria, the various "M something" designations are pure collectorspeak inspired by allied terminology.

The M terminology was often not used with regulations from the TR. Occasionally however it was indeed done.
    A tunic from 1936 for the RAD was known as Tuchrock 36; a tunic for political leaders from 1939 was phrased
    as Dienstrock für Politische Leiter "Modell 1939", but not as M1939!
    Most often the used name was as "call a spade a spade"!! So, Feldbluse für Offiziere (from 1938) or Weisser Rock
    neuer Art für Offiziere und Wehrmachtbeamte im Offiziersrang
    (from 1939).

ok. so it is more or less early war, mid war and late war? and no M41, M43, M44 or M44/45?!!!
    Stig

These are late war circa 1944.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Confusion like this is exactly why the "M" designations are used today by collectors. Whether strictly proper and originally used or not, simply adding a "M19**" designation helps to sort out the age in most collectors minds, is all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,

Both of these pieces are nice original late war embroidered enlisted man's Heer insignia. Manufactured late 1944,early45.

Fred