Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

leather coat

Article about: Hi.my question is-can you please identify this lether coat.wich model,or german military services it belonged?few years ago bought from old man in kurland.old man explained that his fatherha

Default leather coat

Hi.my question is-can you please identify this lether coat.wich model,or german military services it belonged?few years ago bought from old man in kurland.old man explained that his fatherhad got from german officer right after capitulation.looks like coat was shortened for some reason..no producer labels in it,just stamping with big letters-Sektion Fur Munition Inv.Nr 65079
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture leather coat   leather coat  

leather coat   leather coat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement leather coat
    P
    Many

Default re: leather coat

This one had me puzzled.

The fact it has integeral leather shoulder straps is very unusual for any German military leather overcoat, as there would be no place for rank to be displayed. But the fact it has a dagger or sword suspension clip points to it being military.

Never seen anything German marked with ink stampings like that either. This would imply it was an issue coat and not a private purchase item.

However, the clue to it's origin is in those ink stamps: "Sektion für Munition". A search on the 'net showed that this unit was part of the Kriegstechnische Abteilung, Sektion für Munition, Uttigenstrasse 25, Thun Of course, Thun is not in Germany, but is in Switzerland. So your coat must be Swiss.

Cheers, Ade.

thankyou Adrian.you helped a lot.i saw on youtube that some of hitlerjugend leaders wering exact coat.maybe before army officer present owner was some GESTAPO BOY.thats explain leather shoulderstraps-for city ACTION they dont need military ranks.thats just opinion.what is that unit in uttigenstrasse25,is there some more info.THANKYOU ADRIAN.

Hi, the unit at that address was the "War Techincal Unit". (Kriegstechnische Abteilung)

The coat is Swiss Army issue.

Cheers, Ade.

sorry again Adrian.is it war time or before ww2?

That I could only guess at, which it not really fair. So I don't know, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I had the same coat, from the early 40s but a civilian nice quality leather that was saved all these years,, nice one!

?

Default Re: leather coat

The Gestapo as is a Secret Police, has never used some special leather equipment as watched by TV, they use usual fashioned civil wear to be the same as the others ( as all others secret services as Soviet NKVD etc) used absolutely the same fashion.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: leather coat

thats right Dima,but dont forget my friend that lether coats or jackets was always popular.about gestapo was only one of the versions:if i would serve in gestapo-i would say:NICE LETHER COAT,LOOKS LIKE CIVILIAN,BUT STILL HAS SOME METAL PIECE INSIDE IT,TO HANG SOME PISTOL ON-GREATI,LL TAKE IT.joke ofcourse: )