Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

legion condor armband

Article about: hey all had my chance to get my mits on an armband that says legion condor and has an eagle on . it is red and grey or maybe at one time black wool. its abit mothy, saw it an a dealers shop.

Default legion condor armband

hey all had my chance to get my mits on an armband that says legion condor
    and has an eagle on . it is red and grey or maybe at one time black wool.

its abit mothy, saw it an a dealers shop. i have never seen one like it, but it seemed nice and old.
    i will get pics up soon, i do not have it , but am wondering if anyone can show me examples of some armbands like it.

any legion condor armbands out there that are wool????????
    i have never seen one, it was interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement legion condor armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: legion condor armband

Never heard of such a thing? I suggest caution and don't part with any cash.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

me neither...it smacks strongly of fantasy item, as far as I've ever heard... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Dont bother with a fantasy item and fact that Ade and the other member think its that.My advise is to leave where it is! Goodbuys. Reddick militaria of Texas has a LEGION CONDOR armbandin his catalog #6 and he is a repro dealer and i suggest you order his catalog and see the 100's of repros that he has for sale from A-Z.1-800-786-6210. Their is a "LEGION CONDOR " cufftitle that is very rare and there are real specimens of such and frankly they repro them also. Do your research before you venture into the many minefields that make up this hobby IMO.

As far as I am aware, the only armband/cufftitle for legion Condor members was the 1936 Spanien 1939 type and any other version is a fantasy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I agree that this would be a total fantasy item. An armband would serve a purpose. My question is what purpose would such a piece serve? The German troops in Spain wore Spanish uniforms and were not singled out.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I will heed your warnings . I have seen other reproductions that are stamped on fabric.
    This one just seemed rather convincing, white eagle and legion condor lettering , made very well. The inside of it is a redish colour. It looks as if it made up of 2 or three pieces.
    With black or grey wool on the outside , red on the inner. And white stitching .
    I have seen reddick online and I cannot find anything like this one at all. All other reproduction legion condor armbands look cheap and have stamped lettering. Man this one was rather convincing .....

But if there are no known examples of er then I will leave it be. I know the guy owns a small shop and is in his seventies. Most of the stuff he has has been his for a long time.
    Some of the stuff he tells me he has had for over 40 years .

Wow what a curve ball i was thrown !!! I will stay away and keep a look out .
    Thank you for your advice guys . Il see if I can get a pic up for future reference on fakes .

Thanks again

A picture would always be useful, as you say for ref purposes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Chuck I think this is what you are talking about? And as said it is Fantasy.
    Eric
    legion condor armband
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Chuck,On page 13 in Reddicks catalog is an exact duplicate of the one above.I have several books on the "LEGION CONDOR" and only the very rare cuff title is shown.Needless to say you have not went ahead and purchased the piece without showing it on the forum.Enough said! Goodbuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast