Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Legion Condor & Red Cross armbands

Article about: I came across these 2 armbands. A Legion Condor And a Red Cross (Medic) armbands. If I could get some help as to its authenticity. And comments. Thiughts and opinions would be greatly apprec

?

Interesting. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion Condor & Red Cross armbands
    P
    Many

Quote by petertosh View Post
    Hello the armbands are fake im sure of it but there was a red cross armband with a swastika i have seen them in many original pictures
    I would like to see one as I have never encountered one I deemed genuine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default hi

Hi there Bob in this ancient pictures 1939 they have similar armbandsLegion Condor & Red Cross armbandsLegion Condor & Red Cross armbands

there is only one problem the swastica was not factory made it was made in home best regards

I don't see a swastika on the Red Cross. The individuals appear to be wearing the standard Red Cross armband
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Default Legion Condor Fake Armband

My son saw this while on vacation and thought of me and luckily decided to send me a pic before buying it. Having never seen or heard of one I told him it was probably fake but I came to the definitive source , War Relics Forum for confirmation and put any doubt to rest. Thank you !

Legion Condor & Red Cross armbands

Fantasy item as far as I know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As Ade and others said, fantasy. What would be the purpose of an Legion Condor armband anyway? While on deployment to Spain, LC personnel wore Spanish badges and insignia (and were in fact officially discharged from the Wehrmacht for the duration of their service with the Legion, which was, of course, a pure technicality and legal maneuver) and changed back into their regular German military uniforms upon their return to Germany.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I don't see a swastika on the Red Cross. The individuals appear to be wearing the standard Red Cross armband
    I agree with Bob, I have never seen an original armband with swastica. What is pictured in those photos are standard Red Cross armbands. Its a big call to say "it was made in home" with no evidence really, there is no reason why a DRK armband would a swastica directly on it.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I agree with Bob, I have never seen an original armband with swastica. What is pictured in those photos are standard Red Cross armbands. Its a big call to say "it was made in home" with no evidence really, there is no reason why a DRK armband would a swastica directly on it.
    Morris
    Come to think of it, it was an even bigger call to claim to have seen such armbands "in many original pictures" and than being only able to produce two pictures that don't show them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast