Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A Leutnant of the 98th Gebirgsjäger Regiment jacket

Article about: I posted some photos of the Gebirgsjäger cap that I picked up with this tunic in the headgear section a couple of days back, and I thought I would add the photos I took of the Gebirgsjäger L

I'm moving to Melbourne in April Bob, I might have to look you up sometime!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Leutnant of the 98th Gebirgsjäger Regiment jacket
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm moving to Melbourne in April Bob, I might have to look you up sometime!
    I am looking forward to saying hello mate, I am in the north eastern part of Melbourne, it will be great to catch up ...

Best wishes

Bob

Just added a couple of cuff titles on the GJ Leutnant tunic for this photo, thought it looked quite presentable,
    the cuff titles are simply placed on the cuff, just for the photo...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Leutnant of the 98th Gebirgsjäger Regiment jacket  

Default 98th Gebirgsjager tunic

Amazing!! Exactly what I am looking for. I attached a photo of my great uncle, that was copied from a original and colorized by a friend. His name is Anton (Toni) Seebacher, he served in the 98th Gebirgsjager from September /1939 to 1943 where he was wounded in the leg and by the time he got to where he could be help, he perished. I always on the lookout for anything attached to his unit. I am ecstatic over your beautiful collection. Please bare with me, I am a new member and honestly not sure if I am taking the right action by posting this. When I seen your post I had to sign up and become a member! Thank you for sharing and preserving history of one of the most important era of our time.

Quote by Mikeonbike View Post
    Amazing!! Exactly what I am looking for. I attached a photo of my great uncle, that was copied from a original and colorized by a friend. His name is Anton (Toni) Seebacher, he served in the 98th Gebirgsjager from September /1939 to 1943 where he was wounded in the leg and by the time he got to where he could be help, he perished. I always on the lookout for anything attached to his unit. I am ecstatic over your beautiful collection. Please bare with me, I am a new member and honestly not sure if I am taking the right action by posting this. When I seen your post I had to sign up and become a member! Thank you for sharing and preserving history of one of the most important era of our time.
    Have you taken a look at my Wehrpass of the 98th I posted in the docs forum. It may provide you with some info. Stewy

Thank you Stewy! I definitely will check it out.

Quote by Mikeonbike View Post
    Thanks Mike, and that is an awesome photo of your great uncle Toni Seebacher, and sorry to hear that he never survived the war.

I have been enjoying researching the unit and its history.

Here is another photo of my tunic...

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Leutnant of the 98th Gebirgsjäger Regiment jacket  

Just to add to Mikeonbike's post re his great uncle 'Toni' Seebacher, and the position of the Edelweiss on his cap in the above photo,
    here is another photo showing some of the variations of how the Edelweiss was positioned that didn't conform to the regulations.
    This photo of 'Die Woche' was posted up on the WAF recently, I have "borrowed" the image to post it here....

Regards

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2