Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Linked an officer to his tunic.

Article about: Last year I obtained a tunic to a Heer Leutnant Waffenoffizier (Ordnance Officer) Otto Schnitzlein. It was reported to be a total woodwork find, never in a collection before, and possibly un

Great tunic and photo to boot!
    Absolutely why collecting is exciting, when you can link a person with picture to and item!
    Killer!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Linked an officer to his tunic.
    P
    Many

T, that is the woodwork find of the year as far as I am concerned--congrats, my friend....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Thanks Chris! I appreciate it.

I framed the print I had made of the photo and set him up in a prime spot in the war room.

Also currently reaching out to a person in Germany who assisted the veteran's association in their work putting the book together to see if they have any information on Leutnant (W) Schnitzlein. Unfortunately the veterans who put the book together have all since passed. You never know what ended up "on the cutting room floor" and didn't make it into the book, or perhaps Schnitzlein simply came up in conversation and this person remembers something. I would imagine the veteran who provided the photo knew Schnitzlein at least enough to bother taking his picture and may have divulged some info.

Linked an officer to his tunic.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2