Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Long Leather Officers Coat restoration

Article about: Hi guys i bought this are apart of a group, did not play on buying it but just did all other items are good so i dont see why this wont be, but ive not got much room to store ATM it so might

Default Long Leather Officers Coat restoration

Hi guys i bought this are apart of a group, did not play on buying it but just did

all other items are good so i dont see why this wont be, but ive not got much room to store ATM it so might have to sell or swap it if its real

Thanks Martin

Long Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restoration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long Leather Officers Coat restoration
    P
    Many

Most likely 40's or 50's in date. But not military. Note the lack of provision for shoulder boards or a dagger hanger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

so not for the military, so what would be the value of something like this?

Thanks Martin

it dose have a dagger holder on the left arm pocket

Best Martin
    Long Leather Officers Coat restorationLong Leather Officers Coat restoration

In that case it WILL be military. You should have shown that in your original post.

I don't like to quote values. Do a search of dealers sites.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

sorry Ade my mistake

Thanks for your time

Martin

exmilitary but very altered.price no idea.

thanks from what i have been told the buttons have been changed

Buttons will have been conventional silver or field grey pebbled finish as found on all Officers uniforms. These would be easy to replace.

Cheers, Ade.

It's had a lot of post-war refurbishing to make it civilian wearable, I would imagine. Coats were in scarce supply in the immediately post-war time period, so many a military tunic and coat made the sacrifice and went into civilian service. It Looks to be in fairly decent condition but is, nevertheless, 70+ year old leather, and would take considerable fiddling with to bring it back to anything near mil-specs again. Many Officers in the war also chose to private purchase their own leather trench coats, so finding one that is 100% untouched and noncontroversial is always a difficult task. I can't really set an exact figure for value on it because of all the alterations-despite their possibly being a part of it's history, but I can't imagine it bringing more than in the range of a few hundred dollars..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast