Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for advice - possible German Gloves WWII

Article about: Hello all, Let me thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I dabble in collecting WWII memorabilia, but I'm a novice to say the least. I am however a leatherworker and a

sjohnsone
    ?

Default Looking for advice - possible German Gloves WWII

Hello all,

Let me thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I dabble in collecting WWII memorabilia, but I'm a novice to say the least. I am however a leatherworker and avid motorcyclist.

Last weekend I was at an antique swap meet near Los Angeles and I saw a pair of gauntlet gloves on a table. At first I wanted them just for riding my bike, but then something kept nagging at the back of my head. I used to go to surplus stores all the time as a kid and these 100% had "that smell". They reminded me of gloves I've seen in movies and photos before.

I've been looking around on the internet but I can't find anything that conclusively points these to be German WWII era, but when I stumbled upon " Flieger handschue" on an image search, they looked identical.

The ones in the photos are lambskin and look as if they've been hermetically sealed for a very long time. The piping around the end of the gauntlet has the smallest amount of decay that I suppose could be expected for something from the time period I believe they are from. There is a little evidence they had a small amount of mold at one point, that combined with the fact they haven't faded leads me to believe they were in a box and buried for most likely a very long time.

They have never been worn, as there are really no creases of wear in the fingers, nor are there stretch marks. In fact there are still loose threads from the construction inside.

Can anyone help me nail down whether or not they are german gloves? I've attached photos below.

Thank you again,

Seth

Looking for advice - possible German Gloves WWIILooking for advice - possible German Gloves WWIILooking for advice - possible German Gloves WWIILooking for advice - possible German Gloves WWIILooking for advice - possible German Gloves WWIILooking for advice - possible German Gloves WWII

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Looking for advice - possible German Gloves WWII

American made motor cycle gloves, note the patent pending and the nappa. Nappa makes all sorts of gloves now these In my opinion are 1970s era

sjohnsone
    ?

Default Re: Looking for advice - possible German Gloves WWII

Thanks Gel!

I won't save them then, they'll get some good use. I hated to think I could be riding around with something old like that.