Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse

Article about: Hello everyone. I'm rather new to the hobby and am looking into purchasing my first field blouse but I wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could to ensure I am not getting cheated.

Default Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse

Hello everyone. I'm rather new to the hobby and am looking into purchasing my first field blouse but I wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could to ensure I am not getting cheated.

I don't know everything about the different jackets and types however there were a couple questions I had about this particular item. The first is the breast eagle. It's lined in white thread and several others that I've seen have a black thread trim on them and almost 'pop' off of the uniform more than this. I'm not sure if that is just this ones style or if it's a clue that this is possibly a reproduction. The other part of this uniform that concerns me is the almost blue/purple interior. On most of the other uniforms I've referenced there is a gray colored lining on the inside and I've never seen that specific color. The material of the uniform looks legit and the shoulder boards and collar tabs look to be authentic IMO.

Based on the watermarks on the photo's it's no secret who the dealer is on this and I've tried to do some digging on Weitze as well. From what I've seen he is legit however there are some fakes sprinkled into some of his inventory, specifically in helmets from what I've read on this forum. I wanted to get some other opinions before I lay down the money to purchase this and end up with something other than what I thought it was.

Thanks in advance!

Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. You are wise to check out an item before purchasing. Saves a lot of hassles down the road.

Others with more experience on tunics should be around shortly.

But looks like a nice private purchase Lt Pioneer tunic. The breast eagle looks fine (not sure what you mean by the white thread. Do you mean the silver bullion?). Others hopefully can shed more light on the tunic (reattached insignia, shoulder boards, breast eagle, etc.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but in this picture the thread going horizontally across the wings and down by the swastika is a darker color. I didn't know if that was entirely dependent on the uniform or what to make of that.

Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse

MAP
    ?

These were all private purchase hand made items so there are many variations. I have no problem with this but as said, I only have basic knowledge. Others will come by to provide definitive answers...but I like what I see.

I now know what you mean. Here is mine with a lighter colored thread.

Looking to get help authenticating this Heer blouseLooking to get help authenticating this Heer blouse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ah that clears things up a bit, things being private purchase and a wide variation in style does make it a bit difficult for me haha. I appreciate the comparison picture very much!

Looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!