Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.

Article about: I have very little knowledge of these items so any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

KurtisD
    ?

Default Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.

I have very little knowledge of these items so any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.

Hi Kurtis, welcome to the forum!

First off, all items are original.

It is always easiest to feature just one or two items at a time at it makes thing easier to explain

You have a mixture of German and British items which leads one to think these were the souvenirs of a British soldier.

You are correct it is indeed a KM dagger and hangers.

The rest of the German insignia is all Naval too:

Large sports vest eagle
    Coastal Artillery shoulder strap for a private.
    Narvik sheild award for taking part in the 1940 battle.
    KM breast eagles
    Female KM auxiliaries cuff band
    KM Officers shoulder strap

Wehrmacht Merkbuch (appointment book)

British medals: War Medal, Defence Medal, France & Germany Star, 1939-45 Star.
    British Troops in France formation signs (Red sheild with blue cross)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice items but before Ade notices, put the dagger in the scabbard the right way quick

Now you have done it Dave. I did not notice this time. I won't sleep tonight fretting about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

KurtisD
    ?

Dont worry, its in the right way now

Great!

I agree with Ade's observations "as per" (as he himself often says) However, he missed one:

Lots of insignia, a Kriegsmarine dagger? and various unknown items.I

British Army formation signs of Orkney and Shetland Defences, worn by the garrison up there, including coastal and AA artillery.

Rob

Thanks Rob I did forget those.

Cheers, Ade.