Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lovely Kreigsmarine Breast Eagle - embroidered?

Article about: I really haven't even considered buying any patches or cloth insignia like this, but this one looks really attractive. Are these embroidered types desirable enough to justify a \\$60-70 price

Default Lovely Kreigsmarine Breast Eagle - embroidered?

I really haven't even considered buying any patches or cloth insignia like this, but this one looks really attractive and the quality makes me believe this is an original cellon breast eagle. Assuming this is original, are these embroidered types desirable enough to justify a $60-70 price range?

Thanks for the advice.

Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lovely Kreigsmarine Breast Eagle - embroidered?
    P
    Many

?

Looks good and well worth the price. There is a theory (that I'm not certain I subscribe to) that such eagles with black highlighting threads like the attached pic are NCO and those in all yellow gold cellon are officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lovely Kreigsmarine Breast Eagle - embroidered?  

Thanks Redcap for the input. I've seen a lot of cloth insignia come up for sale, but not so many of these cellon types. They're usually some sort of threaded or bullion type. And that made this one really stand out, as it reminds me of some of the finer hand embroidered pennants I've seen.

The thread starter looks typical of the type and the price seems about right for such.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

very nice but don't like the price.

Over a year later, I bought this eagle. The seller apparently wanted to be rid of it, so I got it for $47.

So, these were hand embroidered? How in the world did they have time to mass produce these by hand? I can't imagine how long it must have took to stitch this eagle.

Yes, hand done.

Labour was cheap back them and the skills much more widespread.

Great example, well done!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info Ade! It was definitely a different era, and one of those things this hobby has left me in awe of.

Remember too....many of the uniform and insignia seamstresses in many cases weren't doing the work exactly by Choice...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah, I guess that is true. Let's hope that wasn't the case with this eagle and it was paid labor instead.