Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Lufftwaffe Desert Tunic

Article about: First time post, and I'd like some advice from those with more experience than myself. I recently picked up a tunic from another collector, and I have doubts about whether it's genuine. I al

?

Default Lufftwaffe Desert Tunic

First time post, and I'd like some advice from those with more experience than myself.

I recently picked up a tunic from another collector, and I have doubts about whether it's genuine. I also would like to know what I would need to look into getting aside from shoulder bars to get it into a "complete" state for display.

This was a chance acquisition, and even if it shows to be a repro, it looks decent to my untrained eyes. But I'm primarily interested in Heer uniforms for the sake of reenacting and Lufftwaffe dress is a new field for me.

Lufftwaffe Desert TunicLufftwaffe Desert TunicLufftwaffe Desert TunicLufftwaffe Desert Tunic

The buckle was not a part of the same sale and is a part of my Heer outfit. It's genuine, with the leather pull tab still in place - stamped 1940. The belt is modern.

The tunic itself shows several stains, and some wearing on the cuffs and collar. The overall colour is slightly greenish to my eyes, though that doesn't show in the pictures, and the reichsadler looks somewhat suspect (although I'm not an expert).
    The only other tropical tunic I've seen from the Herman Goring Division had interior pockets sown in, which this one does not have.

Taking my own, amateur guess, I'd say this is a repro done for a movie or for reenacting. That suits me fine, since reenacting is something I'm looking into. But I nevertheless crave the advice of those with more experience than myself.

Thanks for looking, at least!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lufftwaffe Desert Tunic
    P
    Many

?

I'd say it's a one looker copy. Fine for reenacting if course. The cuff title could be sewn on a little better if that bothers you, anyway. Btw, welcome to our fine forum . You'll find lots of help here.

Not an original luft tropical tunic, pockets and collars wrong for a start as is the insignia.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

For the sake of authenticity, what should I look into changing to make it more period accurate?

Welcome to the forum.
    It's a repro as already stated and here is a link to help you out:
    AFRIKA KORPS FORUM / Luftwaffe tropical tunics
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

That is very helpful, thank you.

Quote by DOPR View Post
    That is very helpful, thank you.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

look............