Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia

Article about: Hello all, Just wanted to offer this up for any opinions before I part with any money. I'd love to see this in are holocaust museum here in Houston. I feel very good about this one. My opini

Default Re: luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia

Sorry I did not mean to say price..
    I meant to say piece.. If you are worried about the piece (tunic) get a repop.. Sorry...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia
    P
    Many

Just to add on our museum, it is owned by three holocaust survivers. Many items within the museums collection were brought here by the owners. They are very adamant on maintaining a original collection.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Just to add on our museum, it is owned by three holocaust survivers. Many items within the museums collection were brought here by the owners. They are very adamant on maintaining a original collection.
    That is very respectiable, but if have ANY doubts, then pass on it..
    because you will AWLAYS be wondering...
    Another will come, its just not time...
    Or it is time, which ever you choose, but just be 100% NO DOUBTS

?

Mate, I'd grab it....there's always going to be questions on any type of militaria....unless you time travel back and watch it constructed, no one will know for sure.
    It's a rare item, has original insignia and will be a centre point of their collection....your possibly never going o see another...
    Speak to the museum, tell them your concerns, they will give you your answer....your going to have a nice tunic, that will lays have questions about it....every piece of militaria has questions

?

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    If your worried about the price, why dont you get a re-pop one from one of the remakers..
    There are some REAL CLOSE copies to the real thing for a fraction of the price..
    If your going to donate it, will the museum really know if its real or not?? Will they really care??
    A fake is a fake is a fake. If the museum wanted a fake tunic they could source one very easily and it's not about if they'll care. We, as a collecting community go to great lengths to identify and inform people about fakes. Letting a museum have a fake anything to be misrepresented as original lacks a certain amount of integrity and doesn't sit right with me and many others here I suspect.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    It's not the price, it's the issue that this tunic has been represented as a original constructed tunic.
    Also, I never purchase reproduction for one reason. After its left my hands, who's to say the next owner will not represent it as a original item. As for the museum, they also refuse to use reproduction.
    Amen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Mate, I'd grab it....there's always going to be questions on any type of militaria....unless you time travel back and watch it constructed, no one will know for sure.
    It's a rare item, has original insignia and will be a centre point of their collection....your possibly never going o see another...
    Speak to the museum, tell them your concerns, they will give you your answer....your going to have a nice tunic, that will lays have questions about it....every piece of militaria has questions
    Which falls into my last post youth...
    10 different people will have 10 different opinions
    on anyhting.. Buy it because YOU like it..

I do agree with you both. However, opinion from such members as Bob, FB, and others alike, should not be easily dismissed. They have hard earned information and knowledge that can most likely determine wether or not something is correct or incorrect. I agree, you most rely on your own opinion at the end, but respectly consider theres at the same time. Sometimes others can and do know best. I know they would never mislead a member just to gain something in the end.

?

Would'nt a simple answer be to show these photos to the museum owners, after all they do have first hand knowledge of the type of uniforms worn in period, they may decline to have the piece in their collection because of the doubts concerning this tunic, which in turn may help you to decide whether to buy it or not, seeing as they have already equipped their museum with original items they must surely possess a certain knowledge, or perhaps have actually seen this type of configuration before, just a few thoughts

Adrian, All I was doing is offering another alternitave.. thats it..
    Youthcollector already stated that the museum only accepts
    origional items, and I respected that..
    I realise what this site is about..
    Wasnt meaning anyhting bad here..

It is a 39 dated LBA stamped Luftwaffe tunic which has had a poor job done of re applying the eagle and a better job done of adding the "camp" collar patches, but it is almost impossible to say when these changes were made, as obviously, it almost certainly did not start out with the collars it has now and so they have been added to it. It might be possible to tell when they were added from an in hand inspection or from much better pics than have been shown so far. I think it is safe to ignore the eagle, as many tunics would have been stripped of their "Nazi" insignia in the post war period, but that does make me wonder why the collars were also not removed at the same time, as the swaztika collar certainly looks very "Nazi" to me and I suspect that it has all been re applied IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast