Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Arm Insignia

Article about: Could anyone give an opinion on this Luftwaffe badge, it measures 10.7cm x 8.4cm. The threads and backing material are all natural, I have tested them with a flame and a black light. Any hel

Default Luftwaffe Arm Insignia

Could anyone give an opinion on this Luftwaffe badge, it measures 10.7cm x 8.4cm. The threads and backing material are all natural, I have tested them with a flame and a black light. Any help would be much appreciated.Luftwaffe Arm InsigniaLuftwaffe Arm Insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Arm Insignia
    P
    Many

Believe these are special rank insignia for paratroop smocks. I have not seen them on a blue backing, can't authenticate.

The 3 gulls are for Feldwebel...but with the added bar, most likely a higher rank ?

Many thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Believe these are special rank insignia for paratroop smocks. I have not seen them on a blue backing, can't authenticate.

The 3 gulls are for Feldwebel...but with the added bar, most likely a higher rank ?
    Actually, this is the sleeve rank patch for a full general (General der Flieger, General der Flakartillerie etc.):

NCOs had white wings, company grade officers white wings with one white bar, field grade officers white wings with two white bars, general officers golden-yellow wings with one golden-yellow bar. The two most senior ranks of Generaloberst and Generalfeldmarschall had more elaborate badges with a Luftwaffe eagle in a wreath of oakleaves.

These sleeve rank insignia were for all uniforms without shoulder boards, i.e. flight suits, jump smocks, various types of protective suits and -coats, moleskin jackets, tracksuit tops and, from June 1944 on, shirts. They were made on various types of material, depending on which garment they were to be used on.

I cannot comment on the authenticity of this specimen.

Many thanks for the information, much appreciated.