MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe armband added to collection

Article about: Hey guys....armbands are one of the areas in which I collect. I try to collect using the "one of each" principle. There are still many armbands out there that I have yet to find...

Default Luftwaffe armband added to collection

Hey guys....armbands are one of the areas in which I collect. I try to collect using the "one of each" principle. There are still many armbands out there that I have yet to find...but I was lucky to finally add one of these luft armbands to my collection. This brings my total close to 70. This armband was introduced in '44 as a means of identifying any German pilots who would have to bail out over German territory in order to help the civilian population and police services to differentiate them from the enemy.

I've been after one of these for some time and I'm quite happy to have finally added an authentic example to my collection. Other than a few pin holes in the the back and slight staining .... it's in great shape.

Thought I'd share some pics! Will take some pics of the entire collection once I have this one in its frame with its brethren!
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe armband added to collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe armband added to collection

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I cant wait to see it's cousins!
    ~Dean

Hey Dean....I don't have updated pics of the armband collection yet but I can always put up these older ones. I've only added 5 or 6 more since these pics were taken I think. Gives you an idea anyways.....
    Cheers!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe armband added to collection  Luftwaffe armband added to collection  Luftwaffe armband added to collection  Luftwaffe armband added to collection  Luftwaffe armband added to collection  Luftwaffe armband added to collection 

?

From a great display of armbands to a " jolly Chinese girl" all in one thread!!!!!

JMM
    ?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Hey Dean....I don't have updated pics of the armband collection yet but I can always put up these older ones. I've only added 5 or 6 more since these pics were taken I think. Gives you an idea anyways.....
    Cheers!

Rob
    AMAZING. Thanks for showing it

Hello,
    This is a fantastic collection of german military, paramilitary, political, etc...armbands...congrats...
    There is at least two Heer armbands that are missing in your rather complete collection, that's the quite rare : Verkehrs-Aufsicht (armband is orange with black lettering) and the not so common : Feldgendarmerie
    I hope that you find them one of these days...but perhaps you did it already as you say that you found 5 or 6 more armbands since you took these photos.
    Thanks for sharing your collection with us
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Very good looking and comprehensive collection of armbands Rob, thanks for showing them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This is a fantastic collection of german military, paramilitary, political, etc...armbands...congrats...
    There is at least two Heer armbands that are missing in your rather complete collection, that's the quite rare : Verkehrs-Aufsicht (armband is orange with black lettering) and the not so common : Feldgendarmerie
    I hope that you find them one of these days...but perhaps you did it already as you say that you found 5 or 6 more armbands since you took these photos.
    Thanks for sharing your collection with us
    Thanks

Hey! Glad you like the collection. In fact, I do have one of the two armbands you have mentioned in my collection. It's the orange Verkehrs-Aufsicht. It was added after these pics were taken. I will see if I can get some pics and put them up.
    Many thanks for the thumbs up...I've put quite a few years into this part of my collection.
    Cheers!

Rob

Found the original post:
    httpwww.warrelics.euforumnon-combat-uniforms-related-insignia-3-reichtraffic-supervisor-directors-armband-22433

Here are the pics from it. First two don't show the true colour of the armband. Lighting was bad. I'm also including pics of my RAD armband that is also quite hard to find.
    CHeers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

OOPS...forgot the rad armband....Here it is....it's in a dagger display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast