Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.

Article about: Hi all. I have a couple of images of a Luftwaffe cape eagle a collector friend of mine wanted to share with the community. This is a beautiful piece he's had for at least 25 years. The bulli

Default Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.

Hi all. I have a couple of images of a Luftwaffe cape eagle a collector friend of mine wanted to share with the community. This is a beautiful piece he's had for at least 25 years. The bullion work is fantastic! There is a tiny glass bead for the eye. I've seen a few here on the forum, but this one ,IMO, is especially nice. Have a look. Thanks!
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.   Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.  

Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.
    P
    Many

a beautiful bird.

?

That's is stunning!

What a beauty, I love them too, here is my one example...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.   Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.  

Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.  

Incredible quality-it certainly must have been a private purchase for a high ranking officer. I wonder who it was for? I've never seen one with a Bead in the eye before. Excellent piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

von Burgdorf
    ?

Thanks for sharing. It's much nicer than mine.

Hi vB, your bird is certainly different for sure, it is well made, but it isn't exactly giving me a warm fuzzy feeling,
    it is one that I would be 'uncomfortable' owning, it might pay to get some more opinions on this one mate....

-Bob

von Burgdorf
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Hi vB, your bird is certainly different for sure, it is well made, but it isn't exactly giving me a warm fuzzy feeling,
    it is one that I would be 'uncomfortable' owning, it might pay to get some more opinions on this one mate....

-Bob
    I bought it for almost nothing,at least 35 years ago,when the Pakistanis did not make these things yet,so I see hard that will be a fake.And some years ago,when i have uploaded this eagle in a forum of militaria,a good Irish collector,with a great collection exclusively of Luftwaffe,told me that he has seen nicer eagles,but he don't said that is a fake.

Good Morning vB,

I agree with your Irish friend, there are nicer looking eagles out there, I am not saying yours is fake, but certainly different to the norm, and there are some who
    would dismiss yours without too much hesitation, but who knows when and where it was made, certainly an interesting variation, and would be a nice one in a
    collection of cape eagles. It could well have been done for an officer serving somewhere outside of the greater German border...

Collecting is all about what we feel 'comfortable' with, and as you say, this one wasn't expensive, so you haven't lost out either way, and you are happy with it mate,
    so good hunting and good collecting.

Cheers

Bob

And just to add to the above, all Luftwaffe bullion insignia had an underlay (unterlagen) which the person doing the
    work on the eagle used to add the bullion wire over this, and so they were generally about the same size and basically
    similar in the way the wire was layered. Here is an unterlagen for an officer's cap eagle, they were made from a heavy
    cardboard.....

-Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Cape Eagle.