Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection

Article about: Hi, I have posted below a selection of Luftwaffe collar patches, which IMO are a mixture of original and reproduction as indicated in my list below. Please help! Am I correct? 1. Flight sect

Default Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection

Hi,
    I have posted below a selection of Luftwaffe collar patches, which IMO are a mixture of original and reproduction as indicated in my list below. Please help! Am I correct?

1. Flight section, Flieger - Original
    2. Flak section, Mann - Original
    3. Admin section, Mann - Unsure (would card have been use as a base?)
    4. Flak section, Feldwebel - Original
    5. Flak section, Oberleutnant - Original
    6. Flight section, Leutnant - Replica (yellow material looks too coarse and gull wings overly arched?)
    7. Flak section, Major - Replica? (these don't appear to have any age to them)

Regarding the metal gulls, I have seen both types of prongs on ones which have previously been assessed as originals, so I have been trying to look at the cloth and stitiching (without pulling bits off to burn!).
    Any pointers or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection   Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection  

Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection   Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection

The only examples I have seen with a card base were considered to be fakes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

From the top photo, the only ones I feel comfortable with are the Flak tabs.

The second set(Flak Oblt and Gftr), both I like and consider good.

The last photo, both are undoubtably bad. They are readily available on Ebay as repros.

Thanks Paul and Bond. Mostly as I thought, thankfully. The bottom two were given to me as repros, so no worry there.
    However, I am a bit conerned about the Flieger tabs in the top photo. These and the original Flak Mann tabs came from the same well-known TR source (Paul - I'll send his name to you in a PM in case you know something I don't). The gulls look original to me although the tabs are a slighly unusual angular shape. What exactly do you not like about them, the shape, backing?
    Many thanks for you help.

?

The gulls are good. The green tabs could be real, but I want to see better pics. There are originals with cardboard backing. IS the green dark(like Admin)? They could be the first pattern of LW Sonderfuhrer tabs(NCO Levels)

Paul,
    Here are some close-ups of the two patches under scrutiny. I hope these are useful as they are about the best I can do with the camera I have to hand at the moment.
    Looking forward to seeing what you think.
    Thanks, J.

P.S. The green colour is a little lighter than my first photo in this thread shows (see newer photo here).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection   Luftwaffe Collar Patches Selection