Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

Article about: Hi, I have these two pairs of Luftwaffe Collar Tabs, some opinions about they will be appreciated. Regards, Ricardo

R.R
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

Hi,

I have these two pairs of Luftwaffe Collar Tabs, some opinions about they will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ricardo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

the red looked like made in pakistan, but not sure
    have a nice day
    supply quality WWI & WWII uniforms
    http://www.antzmilitary.com

R.R
    ?

How to distinguish a Pakistan made one from a original?

Red threads pass OK at burn test on this one.

Quote by R.R View Post
    How to distinguish a Pakistan made one from a original?

Red threads pass OK at burn test on this one.
    I am can't 100% sure,I will go to officer room see my pakistan mad collar tabs.
    and for officer collar tabs,really very hard decide original or fake, because all of them are hand made,so we just only can base material for decide them,how ever, modern material must have different with that years.
    by the way, you can check the wool fabric on the collar tabs,if it's thicker,it's must pakistan reproduction.
    supply quality WWI & WWII uniforms
    http://www.antzmilitary.com

R.R
    ?

Quote by pirschen View Post
    by the way, you can check the wool fabric on the collar tabs,if it's thicker,it's must pakistan reproduction.
    Seems to me the wool fabric is less thicker here than on flight one:

Regards,

Ricardo

R.R
    ?

I found this modern reproduction on net, but is different in many ways to my sample. Please has someone more opinions if my collar tabs are original or a reproduction?

Luftwaffe Collar Tabs

?

My gut feeling is that the yellow Flying branch one is correct, the material threading along the cut edge matches those I have, its not the woolly variety cheap replicas are, it looks like the doeskin as its known with a material basis and fine 'soft' surface, its also the right shade of yellow, unlike the lemon yellow of many replicas, there is of course the chance that some replica house has perfected the art of replicating these finer quality colar patches. The embroidery again is in keeping with real ones, there is a certain finesse about the real thing. The oakleaves have actual figure of 8 shapes to them unlike the fake picture posted by ricardo, there the embroiderer has not attempted to create the leaf shape as is an oakleaf with the wavy sides. Note the exact way your leaf edge curves are created with the embroidery, takes some doing actually, I tried it once. Also the real thing has the leaves placed at a better angle relative to the base and further up, all in all it looks right, it looks fine, and of quality, even the winglets have care in their making but the leaves embroidery is a fine piece of work. Looking then at the flak one, again the leaves are as good, and if the cotton pases your test, I would say ok also. If you are not happy with them, I would buy the yellow ones from you.

DBenz.

R.R
    ?

Hi DBenz,

Many thanks for your analysis and reply, I'm satisfect with the two collar tabs and is not the case to sell it because I need both for my Luftwaffe displays. I only have posted this topic here because there are so much fakes on market and I don't know how to distinguish very well the fake ones to the real think.

Thanks again and regards,

Ricardo