Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe desert patch?

Article about: Hello, i'm after opinions on this patch that i have in an old photo album. The album comes with alot of original photos and other belongings of a royal tank regiment soldier from his time i

Default luftwaffe desert patch?

Hello,
    i'm after opinions on this patch that i have in an old photo album. The album comes with alot of original photos and other belongings of a royal tank regiment soldier from his time i n africa. The question is ....is it an authentic patch or a fake added to beef up the album? Unfortunately the patch is glued down so cant see the back! The story goes.....the patch was removed from one of the planes crew and sits in the album/scrap book above pics. Thanks for your time.
    Dale
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe desert patch?   luftwaffe desert patch?  

luftwaffe desert patch?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe desert patch?
    P
    Many

Default Re: luftwaffe desert patch?

It has a lot of features in common with an original in my collection and it is good IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i like it good orignal stitching style is original !! also these are not to commonly faked as the badges and medals of the third reich are !! also being glued in people trying to get top value wouldnt glue it in !!! and it is a great piece of history with album page and the story !!

Thanks for your gen...always good to hear from others! Another question ....what is the aircraft?

?

The photo on the right is the broken tail of a Junkers Ju52.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The aircraft on the left is an Italian Caproni CA-310 medium bomber.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luftwaffe desert patch?  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well spotted Ned, I was looking at the Cant Z-1018 'Leone' which is similar.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yeah good spot! Thanks for the gen

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Well spotted Ned, I was looking at the Cant Z-1018 'Leone' which is similar.
    Yeah, the problem with Italian aircraft, especially the bigger ones, was that they were forever tinkering with a basic design to turn it into something else, and thus the cockpit glazing/canopies, doors, gun positions etc. were regularly redesigned, making things difficult for spotting the specific type today.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.