Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?

Article about: I have just acquired this Flak tunic. I was told it belonged to Albert Obermeyer of Volklingen. Where on the uniform do the owners usually write there names. Are there any good techniques to

Sorry, but the whole thing is fake.

Get a refund!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the reality check Adrian. Could you please reveal some obvious signs that it is a total fake so I can argue them with the seller. I would appreciate it.

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    It appears to be an original Feldbluse. The collar tabs were most likely artillery red but have faded very badly due to sun exposure or possibly an attempt at laundering the Bluse. One way to tell would be to lift up a corner of a collar tab or look under the rank pip to see if there is a different shade. A photo under the collar might confirm if the collar tabs are original to the Bluse. All the other insignia have been re-applied. The rank chevron is an odd color - almost like it is also faded or damaged by laundering. Same goes for the breast eagle. NH

I checked the tabs and the red color has bled out onto the fabric as well as the rank insignia. Maybe someone used bleach when washing it or then again it may be fake as Adrian confidently suggests.

Ade should chime in but it appears the stamp is bogus and the whole aging thing seems to be artificial. I suspected it was laundered in some way. Maybe that was an effort to artificially age. NH

Here are the markings in my Luft. Flak Bluse to compare.
    Ralph.

And the lining.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The markings are bogus for starters. The RB Number marking is senseless, where is the number!

Look at the materials.

Get a refund.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2